584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak M2 parameter saving

I am replacing the batteries in a Mazak V7.5 with M2 control. Is there any way to save all the parameters to a PC prior to changing batteries just in case.
    I believe there is a super cap on the main board to allow you a bit of time to change that battery but I was going to place another battery across while I change just in case. There are 2 other boards I can see that have batteries on, I believe these would be the encoders. Is there any other batteries on the machine?

Thanks

Geoff

Mazak VQC20/40B Mazatrol Cam M-2. Alarm 22 and 23 batterie low, parameters wrong.
    Mazak VQC 20/40B Mazatrol Cam M-2.Machining center.

Here I describe how to restore the conditions after replacement of batteri,or then memory contents is not corect.

Did you have a alarm 23 (NMI Batterie alarm) baterie to low or alarm 22 (NMI sum check error) a checksum error,
    In that case dont panic,It dont have to be a catastrof if you take it easy.

Do you have new batteries,if not bay 3 of them from Buy cheap Mitsubishi Mr-s11 Mr-s12 Replacement Battery
    order code V200H-3M.
    Or Batteries - 3.6V 200MAH NIMH 3HB320-F
    SearchGroup|3hb320|3|%2cNy~True%2cNtpc~Disabled%2c Ns~product+Type|101|1|&Title=Sanyo+3HB320-F+replacement++battery

About batteries they are of Ni MH type (Be sure becouse machine may not charg if batt is wrong type) 3.6 volts 200 milliamperes.
    On MDS site you can see how they look.Also by a pair Latex gloves It ts a good idea if working with electronics of any kind becouse
    the electronic is sencetive for static electricity .An other thing dont touch components on front or backside on the cards or whotever
    if not needed.One Voltometer is also good,even better if it can check milliamperes.(DONT do these on the card,take out batts and
    check them outside machine.
    Why to check? Okey i know that on card is a little red led that will light if batt is low,but it is anyway a good idea to check new batteries,
    they is sometime broken and give no volts at all or just dont charge.You dont want to make work second time.

Okey lets go on with it.When you open the doors to the electrical cabinete you will se on left side in cabinete close to monitor and little
    down the controller.It is easy to see becouse it is covered with white hard plastic,and hold to rack by four plastic buttons.

Draw these buttons out a bit and you can take away the cover.You can see the cards.The card FX701 is the one that in top closest
    to you have a red Led markt BAT,Close under is a little normal cromed switch,next under is a Dipswitch and under that again is a
    second cromed Switch.On FX701 is not any batterie.

Next is Card FX784-8 that have a batterie.
    Next is Card FX727 that also have a batterie.
    Aswell Card FX784-9 have a batterie.

Set Dip switch (nr 2 from top) on FX701 card to off
    (or oposite position) and turn on the power once or twice wait about
    20 seconds between.Memory parity indicator should not light.
    (If it do it is possible but not sure the mem card is defect.)

Display parameter page and while pressing F3 and page forward untill
    you find Y parameters,then set the parameter nr Y02=
    to 1 and set drum nr to 1.Go back to display positions and look if
    you have drum nr 1,if so set Y02 back to 0.
    Set tool nr to 0 in MDI mode.

Display diagnosis page and,PRESS and hold down F2 and F3.
    then press menu key equal to nr 4 on screen and write 7777 INPUT.

Turn on and of power.1 or 2 times.

If you have a lot of asterixes in Tool Data then look up (delite all) press
    it and press input.
    It is possible you have to delite all programs in programregister aswell.

SQ1 is special,if there is not an equal number like 31. 65. or whotever
    set it to an equal nr.(In my machine is 32).

NOTAT
    On FX715 even after everything is okey diod lamp (IT) are Blinking
    RDY diod lamp is lightning red.

NOTAT
    (Normaly In machine is Y02=0. Y03=131. Y04=128.)

ONE more on the very right side down in electrical cabinete is a document pocket,
    Look there its possible you find orginal PARAMETERS from factory there.I even find a CMT
    Diskette in my machine.These parameters is up to 99 percent,just write them excatly.

Thanks, I changed a couple of weeks ago. I made up a cable and found some software that would allow me to transfer in CMT protocol so I could save the parameters. I then powered the machine down removed each board individually and placed the new battery across before removing the old battery. I saw each board had a super cap on that should maintain while changing batteries but I didn't want to chance. Powered machine up after reinserting boards and everything was there.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Geoff

Did you realy found some software that would allow to transfer in CMT protocol,there is it and do you have a link.Can you tell price and name of the software.Do you know the protocol settings for CMT.

sve0019
    See you.

It called CNCnet DNC And its free. Inventcom

I didn't do anything to the cnc except change the (0) to (1) for the parameter file i wanted to send. I had the program set to "MAZAK 4800 8 N"

I don't have the cable pinout as I left that with the customer.

Geoff

Hello again.
    About:It called CNCnet DNC And its free. Inventcom

I didn't do anything to the cnc except change the (0) to (1) for the parameter file i wanted to send.
    I had the program set to "MAZAK 4800 8 N" .
    I don't have the cable pinout as I left that with the customer.

Then you say parameters do you ment programming as NC code from a cam software that gives
    data as G01,G02,G02,G03 or M06,T01.
    Or do you talk about parameters the very one that you lose then batteri is empty and you have to get
    them in to machine again to make it run.Like OP1,Y01,Y02 and so on.Its was these I talked about,becuse
    its pure machine parameters.And for sending and reciving them you need a CMT unit casette recorder or 1.44
    floppy reader using so cold CMT protocol.
    Once again I ask about "Transfering Machining Parameters"not NC code.
    I beleve invent com can only transfer nc code,like many other dnc and cam.
    And at last do you know about CMT protocols,a special file format protocol like ex tc ip and other file format
    have but only diffrent.
    Thanks for info,belive mee I am happy for every info i can get.

Sve0019

I'm talking about parameters like the ones you use when battery goes dead. The program showed it was set to Mazak protocol and the data looked like it was in order. We never had to use it as nothing was lost when I changed the batteries.
    It wasn't my machine so I don't have acess to it anymore to look at any settings

Thanks
    Geoff

I beliv that you still is talking about g-codes.Machine protocol for processor in machine like OP or Y02 and so on you have to use IQ send or recive with DNC,and that you do with the the CMT unit,(Cassete Magnetic Tape)reader.Therefore people talk about cmt protocols,it not exactly that,its more like Concurense Multiple Transfer)protocol
    under the protocol name SCTP,Streaming Concurence TP,some like a TCIP the one you use every day then surfing on internet,but diffrent.Short its a network setting.
    The tema is big so I end it now.
    NOT.If you like search on internet look for cmt transfer protocol

Best regards Sve0019

GRC,
    Do you remember if you used the cable from the CMT unit, or one made up for RS232 transfer?
    I'm trying to get the same software to work with my M2, T2 and T32 controls.
    Thanks,
    Southern CNC

Drip feed RS232 on paperport.Its a white plastic DB25 port.For CMT is Black plastic
    DB25 port.Press auto and F2 at same time and you should see
    four asterixes (****)in top of screen in display veiw and command veiw.
    Set single block in command veiw.

By
    Sve0019

These may help.
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Re: Mazak M2 parameter saving

hi friends anyone help me about VQC 20/40A or B MAZATROL CAM M-2 control parameter.my machine s battery also dead because it wasnt used 3 months or long i must initialise the sytem but i dont have parameters of this machine.
    is there anyone send me parameters? i will be really appriciated by any help.

Re: Mazak M2 parameter saving

Hi can any one help me with the parameter list for m2 20/40-50B . I have replace the battery and the machine is working bad