584,849 active members*
4,504 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Techno CNC > A Gecko G540 retrofit for a Techno Router

A Gecko G540 retrofit for a Techno Router

I have a customer that wanted a cheap control unit for his Techno Isel cnc router. I was able to reuue his existing cables and motors. I made db9 to db9 cable adapter pigtails and custom machined and built a 4 axis CNC system with the nearly burn out proof G540, a cooling fan, Home/limnit switch connectors, A lighted power switch. A ESTOP switch and an engage disengage switch. Also add were two connectors for 2 relay controlled receptacles capable of running 2 2HP motors ( if his AC source will handle it). I ran it for several hours running a torture test with no lost steps. The existing home and limit switch functions worked perfect with no false triggering of the limit switches. Best of all the control unit only cost him $599 plus shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00312.jpg   DSC00314.jpg  

Very nice looking setup and a sweet price.

Thanks. Yes he was lucky that we could reuse his existing motors and cables. I also did not have to deal with a brake on the Z axis motor.
    He did say what model it was buit judging from the cables it was probably the Da Vinci model.

Dan Mauch
    Camtronics, inc. -- CNC with Dan Mauch

Quote Originally Posted by slowlearner View Post
    Very nice looking setup and a sweet price.

Re: A Gecko G540 retrofit for a Techno Router

wondering if you could get me a pinout diagram for the encoders.. I'm rebuilding a techno cnc flatbed at the moment and finding it hard to get the wiring coding for the encoders on the 90v dc servo motors made by dynotec or electrocraft