585,692 active members*
4,921 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EaziCNC and Mach 3.....Now New Controller!

I've had for sometime a CNC2x box and EaziCNC Version 2 software from Conqueror Design & Engineering Ltd. Over the last few weeks I've been having a really good push to make some "proper" parts off my converted CNC machine.
    Over the last week or so I've been having a problem that when I'm machining the machine seems to just want to go off in a direction / position nothing to do with whats in the NC code. I did originally think it was down to the post processor from my CAM software but when I re-run the code its fine?? Weird hey!

This comes to my second part I'm convinced its something to do with the CNC2x software and the EaziCNC software. Has anyone come across this type of problem before?

Now I'm thinking I want to go to Mach3 software....everyone seems to be using it and I'm sure it has a little more about it. But I now need to make myself a new controller. I'm thinking of using Zapp Automation products the CIB Industrial control interface Zapp Automation
    Has anyone used this and found it to be anygood?

Regards,
    Ant

Quote Originally Posted by antsals View Post
    I've had for sometime a CNC2x box and EaziCNC Version 2 software from Conqueror Design & Engineering Ltd. Over the last few weeks I've been having a really good push to make some "proper" parts off my converted CNC machine.
    Over the last week or so I've been having a problem that when I'm machining the machine seems to just want to go off in a direction / position nothing to do with whats in the NC code. I did originally think it was down to the post processor from my CAM software but when I re-run the code its fine?? Weird hey!

This comes to my second part I'm convinced its something to do with the CNC2x software and the EaziCNC software. Has anyone come across this type of problem before?

Now I'm thinking I want to go to Mach3 software....everyone seems to be using it and I'm sure it has a little more about it. But I now need to make myself a new controller. I'm thinking of using Zapp Automation products the CIB Industrial control interface Zapp Automation
    Has anyone used this and found it to be anygood?

Regards,
    Ant
    After trying the CNC2 i decided that it was very poor, use Mach3 now and very happy.

So any problem i would put down to the controller

Phil

Thanks for the reply,
    I've had some information back from EaziCNC but I'm not convinced. I'm really convinced that going to Mach3 is the way forward.

Ant