585,685 active members*
4,444 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Syil X7 spindle wont run

After waiting 3 months for a X7 spindle driver board from Syil China the spindle still wont run

I can't see any loose wires

Syil asked me to check the voltage from the controller to the board when the spindle is activated and I'm getting 5 volts

I haven't been able to use this mill since I got it 3 months ago because the spindle wasn't working and are getting desperate to get it going

I would appreciate any help

Thanks,

on the spindle board, check if the power resistors at the upper left side are "can't touch it" hot, also check if the LEDS in the board are fully lit or dim lit.
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

Quote Originally Posted by pdh8953 View Post
    After waiting 3 months for a X7 spindle driver board from Syil China the spindle still wont run

I can't see any loose wires

Syil asked me to check the voltage from the controller to the board when the spindle is activated and I'm getting 5 volts

I haven't been able to use this mill since I got it 3 months ago because the spindle wasn't working and are getting desperate to get it going

I would appreciate any help

Thanks,

it is not take so much long time to solve you problem,
    as you have been received replace board,maybe not connect correctly.
    anyway,if this board still not fine we may sent 2011 motors and VFD as i attached to you with my dealer shipment,as you konw still need you install all parts again...
    But,we really test the board which in your hands now.i still think it is can works well..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Quote Originally Posted by PEU View Post
    on the spindle board, check if the power resistors at the upper left side are "can't touch it" hot, also check if the LEDS in the board are fully lit or dim lit.

The power resistors are not hot at all

The LEDS are lit up fine

I went to the machine tonight and set it to run at 1000rpm and it actually worked. I haven't changed anything it just worked for some reason. I then set it to 2000rpm and it worked. I then tried 6000rpm and it didn't work. If you try 2200rpm it does half a revolulation but won't run. Sometimes when I ran it at 2000rpm it would spike to 3000rpm and then come back to 2000rpm

Thanks, Paul

That's step number one-
    As the Chinese say
    " The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

cool, so it works, try this:

switch the front panel to manual speed control and turn the spindle at all speeds and check if it fails at the same speeds you described.

check whats the top speed you can reach, also check in config>spindle pulleys that the top speed is set to at least 6000

It sounds to me that the front panel switch wires are not doing proper contact at the spindle board.

Good luck!

Like X4+ ??

If the front panel speed doesn't work through all it's range properly Mach3 will make it do the same thing. I have seen this on X4+. Same disease?
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

cool, so it works, try this:

switch the front panel to manual speed control and turn the spindle at all speeds and check if it fails at the same speeds you described.

check whats the top speed you can reach, also check in config>spindle pulleys that the top speed is set to at least 6000

It sounds to me that the front panel switch wires are not doing proper contact at the spindle board.

Good luck!
    I checked out the wires you spoke about. They seem to be conected fine.

I had the machine in manual mode and tried running the spindle through different RPM. It wont run below 500rpm and when increasing it up slowly it cuts out around 3000rpm. If you turn the spindle off at 3000rpm and then turn it on again it wont run. You have to set it back at 2000rpm and increase it back up to 3000rpm and then it cuts out again. I also tried disconnecting those two black wires and bridged the circuit. It didn't seem to make much difference.

Thanks,

mmm probably the daughterboard pictured is not working properly, did syil sent you a replacement?

mmm probably the daughterboard pictured is not working properly, did syil sent you a replacement?
    I have just fitted a new replacement board from Syil that they tested before they sent it to me.

This is so frustrating!

Syil have offered to upgrade my spindle motor and drive to the VFD setup. Maybe I should take up that offer. It not just a plug in fix, but hopefully not to big a task for me to organise myself.

I have just fitted a new replacement board from Syil that they tested before they sent it to me.

This is so frustrating!

Syil have offered to upgrade my spindle motor and drive to the VFD setup. Maybe I should take up that offer. It not just a plug in fix, but hopefully not to big a task for me to organise myself.
    Hmmm- lets recount-
    1. They sent you a machine that didn't work
    2. You waited months for replacement parts that also don't work
    3. Now they offer you an upgrade- what's the chances that it will work?

I would say you should contact Neilw20 and offer to fly him to your place, put him up in a nice hotel and pay him to fix the thing. Otherwise you will be taking that journey of a thousand miles step by step.

Could this be related to the spindle issue Syil Canada mentioned? You could try giving them a call and see if they would consult.

I like Wangaratta air museum. I am 1/2 way the way there on the 24th.:idea:
    Is the Easter bunny up to no good?
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

This is so frustrating!

the new replace board which we test fine in our place then sent to you.
    we are not weast money to sent a non working board to you.
    now currently board in your hand it is works,i think still not adjust very fine becuase it is not mach3 it is industry controller.

if it really done...and non works..we will sent VFD and 2011 motors.
    but i never say OFFER,that mean we never say CHARGE money..

we reponse for customer and make service well.
    tomorrow chen will get a email back to you again..

Sorry for inconveniently,and we really weast your a lot of money and time..sorry
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    I like Wangaratta air museum. I am 1/2 way the way there on the 24th.:idea:
    Is the Easter bunny up to no good?
    I do Machining work for the company that builds planes at the old Wangaratta air museum hanger. I can easily arrange for you to have a look through.

I'm going to Melbourne on the 24th but back on the 25th

Museum was just a tongue in cheek comment. I knew Joe back in the late 70's before he set up the museum, when the council would not allow him to put sign on the highway. PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    the new replace board which we test fine in our place then sent to you.
    we are not weast money to sent a non working board to you.
    now currently board in your hand it is works,i think still not adjust very fine becuase it is not mach3 it is industry controller.

if it really done...and non works..we will sent VFD and 2011 motors.
    but i never say OFFER,that mean we never say CHARGE money..

we reponse for customer and make service well.
    tomorrow chen will get a email back to you again..

Sorry for inconveniently,and we really weast your a lot of money and time..sorry
    I will look forward to hearing from Chen

It is an understatement to say I need this machine running as soon as posible

I can control the spindle in manual. I moved the switch at the front of the spindle from 1 to 0 and ran the spindle though it's rpm up to 6000rpm. Works fine in that mode.

The problem is when I run the spindle using the controller. You can't start it above 2000rpm. You can start it at 2000rpm and then over ride it and increase it up to 3200rpm and then it cuts out. I checked the voltage on the wire from the controller. At 1000rpm I had 1.3v at 2000rpm I had 2.6v and at 3000rpm I had 4.0v

Where this picture says 600...

In config/ports and pins/spindle setup..

Try different settings. If PWM value is wrong it won't work.
    Start at say 200. Write down min/max speed that works.
    Then 400, Write down what works. ands so on.
    You will soon get the idea and find a suitable value.
    900 worked for me, but that is on an old BOB. Not X > 3. DOn't know the correct value.
    PWM and motor output need the tick too.
    The value required, sometimes is different depending on port characteristics.
    Ask for the correct settings from Syil.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PWM.jpg  

Try running your X7 with the attached config file, I checked it with a X7 6000RPM model such as yours yesterday.

Only thing you need to verify is the port #1 address to match your PC's and you can disable port #2 (I use it for MPG)

If this fails I think your problem is in the daughterboard, the small board in the spindle boards that handles the communication to the pc via the breakout board.

Another hint about the daugtherboard being bad is this: if you put the front switch in cnc mode you still can command it with front panel speed and start/stop buttons.

good luck!

Pablo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123