585,687 active members*
4,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Power Feed for Grizzly G0619

Power Feed for Grizzly G0619

Have a new Grizzly G0619 that I bought a table power feed off eBad for. The power feed was supposedly new, which I picked up for $200. The pwr feed came in damaged with the fwd/reverse switch broken off. Here are some postings that I placed on another forum site. Anyone have any experience with repairing one of these?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------3/26/11
    No luck but bad luck. The power feed arrived, and due to no packing inside the box, the forward-reverse switch was punched in and destroyed the multilayer switch. Had to order a new one for $25.68 delivered. Problem is going to get all the various wires back on the new switch. I took pictures and drew a schematic but one wire was laying loose inside the assembly.

4/07/11
    Just dont seem like I'm getting anywhere! I installed the new switch on the power feed this morning and the "?!;$&" still won't work! Checked continuity accross the switch on all contacts and got no continuity on "any" switch lug when turning fwd/rvs switch. Pulled the 110v DC motor out and tested it for shorts and it appears to be fine with 8-12ohms thru one full rotation. I checked the DC power supply and am getting 108v DC on each leg to the switch. Went directly from the power supply output to the motor and get nothing except a clicking from a relay on the power supply board. I'm about ready to take a sledge hammer to this darn thing and just accept my loses!

I'm not sure if you looked yet or not but Grizzly has schematic on their site for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    I'm not sure if you looked yet or not but Grizzly has schematic on their site for it.

Thanks rwskinner. I looked at their site and couldn't find it. Could you link the schematic for me? Thanks again, Ron

If you find the power feed by part number, then click on manual, or...

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/h8178_m.pdf

Go to Page 20.

Which wire (which color) was loose inside the enclosure?

It is strange that you have connected the DC power supply output leads directly to the motor leads, and you have measured the voltage output, and yet the motor is not turning.

Do you have an oscilloscope available? The output from the motor controller might be PWM instead of straight DC, in which case a simple multimeter check of the voltage might be misleading.

There is a web site that has some info about such controllers - see Gerling Laboratories has establi. On that site is the schematic of a simple motor test tool that you can build to test the motor independently of the motor control: http://www.repaircontrol.com/MotorTool.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    If you find the power feed by part number, then click on manual, or...

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/h8178_m.pdf

Go to Page 20.

"THAT IS EXTREMELY HELPFULL TO ME!!!! THANK, YOU!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
    Which wire (which color) was loose inside the enclosure?

It is strange that you have connected the DC power supply output leads directly to the motor leads, and you have measured the voltage output, and yet the motor is not turning.

Do you have an oscilloscope available? The output from the motor controller might be PWM instead of straight DC, in which case a simple multimeter check of the voltage might be misleading.

There is a web site that has some info about such controllers - see Gerling Laboratories has establi. On that site is the schematic of a simple motor test tool that you can build to test the motor independently of the motor control: http://www.repaircontrol.com/MotorTool.pdf
    Thanks doorknob for the manual link at Grizzly!!! Between you and and rwskinner I may have a shot of getting this power feed fixed. No I don't have an oscilliscope, and if I did that would mean I'd have to be smart enough to know how to use it. LoL Thanks to both of you once again. I'll keep the posting updaded when I get back to working on it. Right now I gotta go fishing. He He