585,589 active members*
3,462 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Please help me. VFS5

Please help me.
    I want to set drive VFS5 for motor spindle for use with mach3 program that now I have trouble following.
    1. How do I enable drive.
    2.Connector C7, C8, I is not available or not. What if I need wiring.
    3.I can not edit the commands in the software to drive through it.
    Thank you.
    udom wansao.
    thailand.
    [email protected].

vfs5 on mach3

you do not need c7 or c8, but you do need a jumper across c7 pins 15-16 -- use standard computer header jumper. this enables motion.

to enable the drive you need +24vdc from front connector C2 pins 9 to 6 - this is called REMOTE [enable]

that is all you need in addition of course to dc bus voltage and logic (connector c4)

software to talk to drive is called MotionLink Plus (NOT MotionLink) I have sent it to you via email

VFS5

:drowning:I put jumper across c7 pins 15-16, and then fire-Active not llluminated.
    And when I put +24 vdc from front connector C2 pins 9 to 6 - this is called REMOTE [enable] Light-Active not llluminated.
    But when I connect with the software and then press the push button enable the software motor will turn at all.
    Slow but not stop rotating until the press disable it to stop rotating (where I do not spin the motor at all) what had happened.

Best Regards,.

Quote Originally Posted by udom View Post
    :.........
    But when I connect with the software and then press the push button enable the software motor will turn at all.
    Slow but not stop rotating until the press disable it to stop rotating (where I do not spin the motor at all) what had happened.
    Best Regards,.
    sounds like you are saying when you go into software and do a SOFTWARE ENABLE (click the icon or type EN in terminal window) it turns on (green ACTIVE lite on). Yes?

So you know it works. since it rotates smoothly (not jerky) slowly it means drive is probably ok.

It SHOULD rotate slowly at this time! it has an analog input waiting for a speed command. give it a speed command and it will likely work.

If it does not go with speed command input (+/-10v command) and keeps just going slowly, you may have motor direction backwards; if you are not sure of motor wiring (Ma,Mb,Mc) simply swap 2 of the 3 motor leads to reverse its direction. Unless you changed this already and messed it up, it is not likely to be wrong.

I want to use a fault signal to the control system stops working, what is the Pin number in the VFS5 Drive

Thank

udom,

fault contact relay output is C2 pins 17&18.

You should have the manuals on this to use it! If u dont, give me ur email address and I will email to u.

if u still have it so it enables but only runs slow and ignores your speed command input then u may have motor phased backwards from feedback; if so, it will rotate at slip freq only - slow speed like 10rpm.... swap any 2 motor leads and try again.

I put jumper across c7 pins 15-16, and then fire-Active not llluminated.
    And when I put +24 vdc from front connector C2 pins 9 to 6 - this is called REMOTE [enable] Light-Active not llluminated, Sys ok llluminated, CPU llluminated, Light-Relay lliminated.
    But when I connect with the software and then press the push button enable the software Light-Active llluminated, Sys ok llluminated, CPU llluminated, Light-Relay lliminated.
    When Light Fault llluminated, Light Relay, also on the relay and a contactor to close.
    And why do I have a problem ennable drive by software each time.
    I would suggest that the custom procedures.
    1.On main power.
    2.DC Bus Ok.
    3.Control volts Ok.
    4.Led Active-off.
    5.Led Sys ok-on.
    6.Led Cpu-on.
    7.Led Fault-off.
    8.Led Relay-on.
    9.Turn on the motionlink plus software.
    10.Scan drive.
    11.Selec Analog velocity mode.
    12.Selec push button Enable in the software.
    13.Led Active-on.
    14.Led Sys ok-on.
    15.Led Cpu-on.
    16.Led Fault-off.
    17.Led Relay-on.
    Note; I have to do this every time you turn it on again.
    --------------------------------------------------. --------.
    The Drive has a problem.
    18.Led Active-on.
    19.Led Sys ok-on.
    20.Led Cpu-on.
    21.Led Fault-on.
    22.Led Relay-on.
    Thank you.
    udom wansao.
    thailand.
    [email protected]

do u have a jumper on c7 or c8 MOTION input?? may be this is why u need to software enable?

ok, when you DO enable, then fault lite comes on?? THE SOFTWARE IS STILL CONNECTED - WHAT DOES IT TELL U FAULT IS?? when fault lite turns on, drive sends fault message to software! read it. what is it? tell us.

i will email manual later today.

oops, missed c7 15/16. ok u got it. not sure why u need to do satware enable.... i do not recall a variable to turn sdoftware enable off as default..... we gotta look in the manual.....

udom, i see u r online, so i just sent 4 or 5 emails each with a manual attached.

Thanks to the manual transmission to the mail.
    fault that caused it to disconnect encorder. to achieve fault.
    To check that the relay trun off or not. The result is.
    Led Active-off.
    Led Sys ok-on.
    Led Cpu-on.
    Led Fault-on.
    Led Relay-on.
    Led Fault-on, then why on Led Relay is not off.

so you have a bad resolver or more likely a broken resolver feedback cable. it plugs into C3 on front of VFS5.

top 2 pins are sin, skip a set, 3rd set down are cos, then reference. 18 ohms, 18 ohms, 30 ohms respectively. measure them and find the missing coil. if ok, remove plug and ohm BETWEEN the 3 coils to see if a short somewhere. You should find your problem this way.

I want to test the relay. If it works or not, I tested by removing the plug C3, and Led fault it on, the relay off or not, the result is a Led fault on-Relay not off, I want to know the problems.
    Thank you.
    udom wansao.
    thailand.
    [email protected].

not sure what you mean. your software told u a bad feedback so fix that