584,837 active members*
5,536 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: New PCNC 770

New PCNC 770

A little back ground--Been in the machining trade since 1963, received my Journeyman Machinist card in 1969, been programming and setting up Haas TM-1 and TL-1 for the past 6 years up until I retired at the end of 2010.
    Decided on a Tormach due to this forum and the lack of problems(there have been some but not like the other suppliers) and Tormach's excellent web site and all the info available. They are also very easy to deal with and answer emails in a timely manner.
    I haven't had a chance to do a lot with the mill but so far what I have done has come out fine, even managed a job that I got paid for
    Still exploring the ins and outs of Mach3 and what can be done with it, seems to have a lot of options.
    So with this and all my other hobbies I stay out of my wife's hair and she won't make me go back to work, ha ha.

Jerry

Welcome Jerry! Look forward to hearing about the projects you do on your new machine.

David

Thanks David.
    Here are a couple of photo's of some heat sealing rails I did, they are made from 1/8 x 1 6061 alum. and were fairly simple. Used a 1/2 2F HSS end mill for the basic shape and then a 1mm 3F carbide end mill for the grooves. Machine did a decent job of it and the customer was happy.

I cheated and did the holes and c'sinks in my manual mill, was easier due to the low parts count.

Jerry

Sweet looks good. Mind me asking what Speed/feed you were using on the 1mm EM? I haven't had to much luck on my 770 running small endmills, I think I am just not running them fast enough.

I was running 5K rpm and 3ipm feed with a depth of cut of .022 each pass and I think I managed 160 grooves before breaking the end mill.
    The rpm is what is called for in the program but it could have varied as I haven't checked the actual rpm with a tachometer yet.

Jerry