585,919 active members*
4,055 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Exclamation Limit Stop and Soft Stop MPC6515 and LaserCut5.3

I have purchased a complete set of laser engraving machine from a Chinese company and I have been setting up the machine for a month. I am now trying to engrave a sample text on a paper to see if the machine works properly and I have a problem the machine always return as an error message "Soft Stop" or "Limit Stop"with a series of beeps. I read a similar posting here but my problem seems to be different. The working area of the machin is 60cm x 40cm, and the letter I am trying to engrave is just three letters "cat" which is about 1cm x 2cm.

First of all, the laser head doesn't move at all when it is in the original position which is the upper right hand corner, and then "Soft Stop" or "Limit Stop" sign comes out immediately with a series of beeps.

When I preliminarily move the laser head to the center of the working area before I operate Laser Cut software, the head moves for few seconds and it goes to the light to left edge of the working area and it stops working and "Soft Stop" or "Limit Stop" error come out with a series of beeps in the machine display.

And also it doesn't engrave a paper at at all. I confirmed there is laser coming out from the focus lens when I adjusted ray path, but when the laser head is moving the laser doesn't seem to come out from the lens.

It is just three letters but it seems the laser head is overlapping the actual working width; however I know "cat" is only 1cm x 2cm. Are there any other part of the software I need to change parameters or is this machine defective?

Does anyone know what is going on with my new machine? I highly appreciate it if you would help me fix the machine to make it work properly. If any other information will be needed for finding out the issue, I will post a new message accordingly.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on with my new machine? I highly appreciate it if you would help me fix the machine to make it work properly. If any other information will be needed for finding out the issue, I will post a new message accordingly.
    Hi bro, base on your description I think it is software setting problem.
    Did you install laser software by yourself?After installed software did you config laser machine?Before you using this new maching you must set the table area otherwise the laser head will keeping move towards start point which local out of your table area so the error message will come out.
    Here is my MSN: [email protected] if you need more help just let me know i can help you to config your machine

After the laser has been turned on and it is ready to operate, hit the "reset" button on the laser control panel. I think that may solve your problem.

Thank you for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by lrob View Post
    After the laser has been turned on and it is ready to operate, hit the "reset" button on the laser control panel. I think that may solve your problem.
    There is no reset button on the control panel of my laser machine. There are datum, laser, stop, test, start/pause, esc, and menu. Did you mean to hit the esc button?

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnjee View Post
    Hi bro, base on your description I think it is software setting problem.
    Did you install laser software by yourself?After installed software did you config laser machine?Before you using this new maching you must set the table area otherwise the laser head will keeping move towards start point which local out of your table area so the error message will come out.
    Here is my MSN: [email protected] if you need more help just let me know i can help you to config your machine
    Yes, I did install the software by myself. I looked at the parameter of the software. The working area size is adjusted properly height 40cm and width 60cm which is the actual working area of the machine.

Try the Datum button on the laser not the computer.

In LaserCut, in the download window where you click "Download Current" to send the file to the laser, there's also a button that says "Download Config". If your settings are correct in the software, maybe they've never been sent to the laser machine. That's what the download config button does, it sends the settings to the laser controller.

Could that be your problem?

Is there a SCAN button on your laser machine control panel?If yes, turn it off before you open your LaserCut5.3.then go to OUTPUT(one printer icon) click CANCEL, turn on SCAN button, use arrow key on control panel to move laser head.Try it and good luck :-)

For the laser output problem,you sure there is laser come out form laser head?If laser head dirt,it also not work.If you confirm laser won't come out only when laser head is moving,then you may try slow down the engraving speed and add up laser output power

Quote Originally Posted by lrob View Post
    Try the Datum button on the laser not the computer.
    Hello. Thank you for your reply. Today I tried the Datum button before I start operating the software and also just in case before clicking on the start button, but the "limit stop" error popped up immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipW View Post
    In LaserCut, in the download window where you click "Download Current" to send the file to the laser, there's also a button that says "Download Config". If your settings are correct in the software, maybe they've never been sent to the laser machine. That's what the download config button does, it sends the settings to the laser controller.

Could that be your problem?
    Hello. Thank you for your reply. I click on both "Download Current" and "Download Config" before clicking on the start button. When I click on "Download Config", I hear my machine beep and on the display of my machine, I can confirm the file name I downloaded. I think the file is downloaded properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnjee View Post
    Is there a SCAN button on your laser machine control panel?If yes, turn it off before you open your LaserCut5.3.then go to OUTPUT(one printer icon) click CANCEL, turn on SCAN button, use arrow key on control panel to move laser head.Try it and good luck :-)

For the laser output problem,you sure there is laser come out form laser head?If laser head dirt,it also not work.If you confirm laser won't come out only when laser head is moving,then you may try slow down the engraving speed and add up laser output power
    Hello. Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, there is no scan button on my machine. The buttons I can find are datum, laser, stop, test, start/pause, esc, menu, and also arrow keys and enter. I looked for a scan button under the menu button, but there were no such function I can find. For the laser output problem, I will try to use the higher power, but right now the laser head travel issue is more serious problem. It never moves when the head is at the original right hand corner. I wonder how I can fix this. I have been struggling on this for all day.

Soft stop or limit sw.

Hi..
    In all lasers there is a place in configuration to set whether the software
    does the stopping and monitoring of where the laser is, or it is done with
    a mechanical switch that is activated at zero. Its possible that in shipping something has been knocked out of line and the software is not seeing
    an absoluter zero so it is confused as to which direction to go. Look in
    your menu and see if soft stop is enable or a mechanical sw. Its very possible that 1 to 2 cm may be too small an increment for a mechanical switch and
    you need to be on soft stop. Thats the best I can do without actually
    seeing the machine...I hope this is of some help.

Hi, I'm far from an expert on this but I think I might of had the same issue as you are.

If I understand it right a "soft stop" error happens when you are trying to run a file.
    Before you send the file to the machine go to the top of the screen in Lasercut, there is an icon to "set knife origin", click on that and set the knife origin to top left.

Then download the file again to the machine. Click on "start" or "run box" and see what happens.

Hopefully that will get you going.

Jerry D

Quote Originally Posted by drgee133 View Post
    Hi..
    In all lasers there is a place in configuration to set whether the software
    does the stopping and monitoring of where the laser is, or it is done with
    a mechanical switch that is activated at zero. Its possible that in shipping something has been knocked out of line and the software is not seeing
    an absoluter zero so it is confused as to which direction to go. Look in
    your menu and see if soft stop is enable or a mechanical sw. Its very possible that 1 to 2 cm may be too small an increment for a mechanical switch and
    you need to be on soft stop. Thats the best I can do without actually
    seeing the machine...I hope this is of some help.
    Hello. Thank you for your reply. I looked for mechanical switches on my machine. There was three of them on the working area. They are placed on the upper & lower right corners and upper left corner. It seems to be when the laser head is at the upper right corner, the mechanical switch is turned on properly.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsiny View Post
    Hi, I'm far from an expert on this but I think I might of had the same issue as you are.

If I understand it right a "soft stop" error happens when you are trying to run a file.
    Before you send the file to the machine go to the top of the screen in Lasercut, there is an icon to "set knife origin", click on that and set the knife origin to top left.

Then download the file again to the machine. Click on "start" or "run box" and see what happens.

Hopefully that will get you going.

Jerry D
    Thank you for your message. Today I set the knife origin to top left and just in case to top right, but unfortunately it didn't work for my problem. "Limit Stop" sign showed up immediately. I wonder how "Soft Stop" and "Limit Stop" are different.

Sorry that didn't help, there is another forum for chinese machines, hopefully it won't be problem to post it.

http://www.chineselasersupportforum.com

Maybe there's someone there that can help you out.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jdsiny View Post
    Sorry that didn't help, there is another forum for chinese machines, hopefully it won't be problem to post it.

Chinese Laser Support Forums - Index

Maybe there's someone there that can help you out.

Jerry

Hello. Thank you so much for the link. I have posted the problem. It seems my machine has a defect on the movement controller. I am so worried how I can fix this. My machine has a 1 year warranty, but it is too big to return to China. The problem is how I can prove this is a defect without returning it...

Hi JHamilton
    Are you 100% sure your machine home position is UPPER-RIGHT corner?
    If so, did you set it in LaserCut under Laser(L)?
    Does your machine react properly for moving buttons on control panel?
    If so, did you sent your file to machine using using DOWNLOAD CURRENT?
    File name will be seen on control panel.
    Before you send the file it is necessery to name the file and save.
    Before you send new file to machine check if machine memory is cleared (on controler display).
    Regards
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Quote Originally Posted by cinematic2 View Post
    Hi JHamilton
    Are you 100% sure your machine home position is UPPER-RIGHT corner?
    If so, did you set it in LaserCut under Laser(L)?
    Does your machine react properly for moving buttons on control panel?
    If so, did you sent your file to machine using using DOWNLOAD CURRENT?
    File name will be seen on control panel.
    Before you send the file it is necessery to name the file and save.
    Before you send new file to machine check if machine memory is cleared (on controler display).
    Regards
    Hello. Thank you so much for your reply. Under the parameter setting, the original position is set as P dir. Home position is upper right corner when I datum, and I have tried all possible original positions under Laser(L), but it doesn't actually change the original position. Regardless of the original position the head doesn't move properly. Although when I move the head approximately at the center prior to start engraving, the head moves but it hit the right and left edge and then it stops with a series of beeps. While not connecting to the computer, when I hit the right and left button, sometimes the head moves toward opposite direction but it doesn't always happen. As for the file download, I have tried download current but also before I download I always save the files and also I always clear the data on the machine through its control panel by clicking on the delete function under its menue button.

dear JHamilton,
    i believe i know what your problem is ,with your machine turned on and connected to your pc via usb and Dog. connected to the pc too you should go to the control panel and open systym > hardware >device manager and check the smart card readers
    you must find Senselock EliteIv V2.x
    also check the universal serial Bus controllers and you must findMPC6515 driver
    if they are propably installed with no conflics in this case the machine is probably connected to the PC with no errors
    and when moving the drawing to the left down corner you must click on ''download current '' and then click on start and you should be fine

Page 1 of 2 12