585,753 active members*
3,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Series 1 CNC upgrade ..... pictures

Figure I would post some pictures of my upgrade. I am upgrading a Bridgeport Series 1 CNC. Tossed all the BOSS 3 controls and all of the P/S cabinet. I am placing everything in the back cabinet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0594.jpg   IMG_0597.JPG   IMG_0598.JPG   IMG_0599.JPG  

IMG_0600.JPG  

Very nicely done. I wish mine was that clean. What size Servos do you plan on using?
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

Cold,
    No servos I am using the original steppers that came with the machine. The mill already has them, along with the ballscrews, thus my reasoning for jumping on it.

Not sure what the NEMA 42s original torque rating was, but I sure hope the 7a limit of the Geckos hold up.

Thanks for the compliment. I am a little further along than the pics show, and I will have to update when I get a chance.

Chris

Ohhh, I thought I saw red Geckos which meant servo models.

Anyway, I've heard of people using the original motors with Geckos without a problem. They tested the torque at between 800oz and 1000oz. With belt reduction, that's plenty of power.
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

Cold,
    They are orange, if that matters. I do hope they are stepper drivers. No markings on them to specify which one they are.

Chris

Gotta go with the model numbers....202....and such.

Viper,
    Thus my problem, no model numbers on the ones I got. A little disappointing.

Chris