584,850 active members*
4,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Hi,
    I'm not sure about this forum rules, so it's better to discuss technical questions on my support forum.

Quote Originally Posted by euroflo View Post
    1. in the manual it says to open the mycnc core and select s for simulation.Is this still the case or are these instructions from before you merged the GIU with core?
    core and interface programs were merged, but start options are still available.
    -e ethernet boards
    -u usb boards
    -s simulator mode
    -d debug info
    -p profile_name - will start software with given profile
    options may be merged, for example
    -de -p Plasma -------- will start with Ethernet board, profile from "Plasma" folder

2.What post processor do you recommend to create the g code?.Currently I use sheetcam.
    To be honest - I don't know exactly.
    For G-code language implementation I'm using "CNC Programming Handbook" by Peter Smid and G-code language description from LinuxCNC project. Some of language extensions (about parameterized programming) we added ourself, so it's not standard.
    We have Pro-Engineer software, there are about 6 Fanuc postprosessors, 2 of them suit perfectly to myCNC.
    I'm afraid - you need to test to find out the right one. You may send me samples to find- what's wrong.

4. I currently use mach3, which has a cutting profile library built in. you can call up voltage, material, amps used, select gas pressure,THC delays e.t.c.
    I know that mycnc software would be more than capable of handling this sort of information, but I may ( along with others) find this a hard task to create this kind of library.Would you be able to configure a template that the user would be able to complete and intergrate with the cutting parameters in the future?
    We had this kind of options in previous generation of software. We will add it asap to myCNC. We appreciate any kind of customer suggestion

For THC control we use myTHC-RU01 board. It is connected to main controller through RS 485. Settings and commands from the software transferred directly to THC board, the software displays data from THC.
    So Volatge and other THC settings works with hardware, but it is not implemented for simulator.

Thank you for your interest,
    regards,
    myCNC

Quote Originally Posted by Janice86 View Post
    I have another one for you, the voltage display doesnt seem to be working?
    I already answered on it in previous reply-

For THC control we use myTHC-RU01 board. It is connected to main controller through RS 485. Settings and commands from the software transferred directly to THC board, the software displays data from THC.
    So Volatge and other THC settings works with hardware, but it is not implemented for simulator.

hi my-cnc,

i just registered on your support forum but i just waiting to activated my account...

i have so many question about your software... i just downloaded your software and install it on my laptop.

1. how to changed the language to English
    2. i cannot find the start bottom to start cutting.

Also right now i am using usbcnc by edingcnc and i plan to change the controller with your controller , i thinking to use the Ethernet CNC controller myCNC-ET1 of yours.

my question is can i used my existing stepper drive and stepper motor to your to your Ethernet CNC controller myCNC-ET1.

here is the spec. of my stepper drive and stepper motor
    Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire
    Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Quote Originally Posted by my-cnc View Post
    I already answered on it in previous reply-

Also your THC are suitable to use in acetylene fuel torch or not? because right now i am using acetylene fuel and maybe in future i will use also plasma.

Quote Originally Posted by rexcobey View Post
    1. how to changed the language to English
    Hi,
    to change language-
    1.select Settings tab widget
    2. select system settings
    3. choose the last section to open it (preferences)
    4. choose the last item (language selection)
    5. In new dialog select the language
    6. Press OK
    7. Press save button and restart myCNC software
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails myCNC-1.78.02-03-lang.jpg   myCNC-1.78.02-01-lang.jpg  

Also your THC are suitable to use in acetylene fuel torch or not? because right now i am using acetylene fuel and maybe in future i will use also plasma.
    No, myTHC board measures Plasma arc voltage and uses this siganl as feedback to keep stable torch height.

For gas cutting you need capacitory sensor. We have this sensors for our previous generation cnc systems. At the moment myCNC doesn't support capacitory sensors.

2. i cannot find the start bottom to start cutting.
    See attached screenshot

my question is can i used my existing stepper drive and stepper motor to your to your Ethernet CNC controller myCNC-ET1.
    yes, no problem.

myCNC controls have PULSE-DIR outputs and compatible with any stepper/servo drivers, that accept this signals.
    Pulse width is flexibly configured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails myCNC-1.78.02-08-operate.jpg  

I am new learning cnc. I will download and try it.
    -----------------------------------
    power chuck and collet chuck

Raspberry Pi (Linux Embedded) port of myCNC control software is under developing.
    We've got preliminary version of myCNC working under Raspberry Pi (ARM based credit sized computer).
    On photos - working set ( myCNC-ET1 control board, Raspverry Pi computer, keyboard and monitor)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails raspberry-et1-02-1024.jpg   raspberry-et1-03-1024.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 12