585,759 active members*
3,924 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 4 123

req ur support

Hello respectable people I am asif and I am newcomer in cnc’s field. recently I purchase a cnc turning center called Colchester cnc 2000L with (fanuc OT controller ) and machine seem to be look in good condition. But also there are some issues and I want to share with u for any positive solution.

When I was checking the machine I found that through panel button inputs the machine response very good for example in jog mood both axis move properly with its panel buttons but when I go to MDI mode and give it to some code for axis movement the machine does not responding and also in programmed mode I m try to use sample programmed which is store in machine are not working. But…. When I input the command for spindle starts the machine response properly and also tool change .......can some one tell me what is the problem I am facing about machine and also I need a parameters list and its default value to re-configure the machines settings

Tanks

asif

Quote Originally Posted by fsa View Post
    I m try to use sample programmed which is store in machine are not working. But…. When I input the command for spindle starts the machine response properly and also tool change .......can some one tell me what is the problem
    What do you mean by not working? does the start light come on? or does it just hang without alarms or start light?
    If you have lost the parameters etc, this could be the cause/
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Has the machine been zero-returned?
    After power up you need to zero-reference each axis.

first thanks to mr Al_The_Man's Avatar and perfpro .... yes machine starting procedure is normal all lights are on and no alarm signal come on screen .when i switch on my machine the controller first initialize as per normal procedure after some seconds the controller seem to be ready for work but no axis moment for return to home physically but on position screen the axis values is change,, .after all this axis can be move by its direction buttons in jog mode and also turret change through M06 - Tool change command in mdi ,also start spindle through spindle start command in mdi buttttt no movement in axis through commands .i have doubt that there are some parameters issue other then hardware.i just want to know that is it a big issue or just machine setting issue....actually this is my first experience regarding the cnc purchase i am from Pakistan.please guide me for reslove my machine issue , if u persons are known about the solution .

thankss

looking ur reply

Is the 'Program Check' or 'Test' switch on?
    When in 'auto' or 'memory' mode with program check 'on', the position display will change but the machine will not move.
    Some machines can jog in manual mode with program check on, however some won't.

Red face Fanuc

Are you programing a feed in MDI Ex G01X2.5Z-1.25F.0025, I don't know If will Feed without the spindel active . Just a thought I'm Still learning a 3T Kevin

asif

I am an ex 600 lathes service engineer, could you please let me know the pmc edition. when you first power up the control you will see first the executive software number (large number in center of screen) and then the pmc software number (small numbers directly below)

I may then be able ask you to check certain diagnostics

regards

Les Robbins

EditComm - CNC communication software - Les Robbins CNC Services

respected Les Robbins thanks for ur attention regarding my issue .today i noted the number which about u said me .....

0602-06....this is the big digit numbers and place in center of the screen.and....
    PMC:S22-5............this is the small digit numbers and and stsrting with PMC..
    i hope with this numbers u could be the solve the this issue.i am prying for u .

thanks

ASiF-fsa

asif

Could you please tell me the value of the following diagnosics

regards

Les Robbins

respected Les Robbins,

please check this value which i have to noted from machine Diagnostic parameters mode section

117------00000000

120------00000010

640------00000000

and in only parameters mode
    117-----0
    120-----0
    640-----not found

regards

asif

respected Les Robbins,

please check this value which i have to noted from machine Diagnostic parameters mode section

117------00000000

120------00000010

640------00000000

and in only parameters mode
    117-----0
    120-----0
    640-----not found

i am also attached the jpeg of my machine and its pannel

thanks
    asif fisa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a_6378_2011-03-21-10-03-22 (1).jpg   preowned-colchester-2000l-cnc-gap-bed-lathe-pe40095_3.jpg  

asif

The interlock signal (STLK G120.1) is switched on, this will cause the X & Z axis movment to be disabled.

a few more questions

What are the values of diagnostics

also what turret is fitted, Sauter or Duplomatic

regards

Les Robbins

Sorry the diagnostics above should read 16, 17, 500

Les Robbins

Respected Les Robbins

please check this value of ur specific question

in diagnostics mode the value is...

and the turret is fitted, Duplomatic type

(again thanks for ur efforts i wish that i am also do some thing for u.)

regards

asif

OK Asif

I now know what's holding up the axis movement.

X17.1 is the turret lock sensor input, because this input is 0 an interlock signal is been applied.

X17.1 must of been there at the end of the turret index otherwise the T code would not of received a FIN signal.

What I think is happening is because of wear within the turret once the current as been disconnected at the end of the index, the turret is unlocking again.

This is a common problem with these turret as they get older.

You need to check the turret mechanically

regards

Les Robbins

Sir Les Robbins.
    thanks again for ur unconditional support regarding my issue but i have still some question in my mind. what i understand that u r talking about some mechanical issue in my machine turret. sir please can u more specifically tell me that where from i start to diagnose. the problem .because i don't have the manual of that turret(Turret model number is BSV –N 120-8/21 110/50L CODE 6430016) i need some guideline about it because I'll do it my self because i cant afford any qualified technician due to lack of money, I am doing the job from last 10 years and now AFTER TEN YEARS I A ABLE TO PURCHASE THIS MACHINE WHICH IS COST IS 3000 POUNDS.AND HAVE SPENT ALL MY SAVING IN THIS MACHINE .

THANKS

aSIF

Asif

So you have a Duplomatic 8 station not a 4 station turret as shown in the photo you uploaded ?

Is this correct ?

Please clarify

regards

Les Robbins

Asif

You can download a pdf from url below that will help you understand the turret function

Stand alone tool turrets | Duplomatic Automation Srl

regards

Les Robbins

sir Les Robbins
    yes sir i have 8 station type turret (thanks for ur pdf link)

regards

asif

Asif

Now I know it's 8 station not 4 station as shown in your photo, I may be able to help further .

What may be happening is that the turret is unlocking because the motor is not stopping the turret on the top of the cam therefore the rollers are rolling back down the cam.

Please follow the procedure below to relock the turret, once you have done this adjust the lock sensor (item I in pdf page B1-2) to the right until the diagnostic 17 bit 1 goes to 0 and then back to the left until diagnostic 17 bit 1 just goes back to 1

Now test the indexing again watching diagnostic 17 bit 1.

Let me know exactly what happens.

1. Remove the round Duplomatic cover on top of the Turret.
    2. Remove the cover at the rear of the Turret.
    3. Using an allen key in the end of the Turret motor, rotate the motor in any direction.
    4. Hold in the solenoid at the top of the Turret.
    5. Rotate the Turret motor until the solenoid goes all the way in.
    6. When it goes in all the way then start to rotate the Turret motor in the opposite direction.
    7. When you make this initial movement of the Turret motor then release the solenoid. The solenoid should now release.
    8. Keep rotating the Turret motor in the same direction, this will feel as though there is a restriction. Keep rotating until this movement goes easy (At this point you are going up a cam, when it goes easy you have reached the top of the cam.).
    9. At this point rotate the motor just short of a full turn. This should now be locked in position.
    10. Check diagnostic 17 bit 1 and ensure this is set to ‘1’.

regards

Les Robbins

Page 1 of 4 123