584,829 active members*
4,969 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for online course

Could someone recommend a good online course for learning CNC machining and programming? Preferably something that is accredited so it can go towards a degree and my work will help pay for it.

I currently work as an operator running 3-axis 3 and two turret lathes. I would like to work towards becoming a programmer, but no schools in my area offer courses in CNC.

Basically I know enough about the programming to find and alter a dimension if I have to, but I don't know all the g codes and m codes. Even if I look them up in the manual I don't understand fully what they all do. I also know nothing about speeds and feeds.

Although it is not credited, Tooling U (www.toolingu.com) is a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL85 View Post
    Could someone recommend a good online course for learning CNC machining and programming? Preferably something that is accredited so it can go towards a degree and my work will help pay for it.

I currently work as an operator running 3-axis 3 and two turret lathes. I would like to work towards becoming a programmer, but no schools in my area offer courses in CNC.

Basically I know enough about the programming to find and alter a dimension if I have to, but I don't know all the g codes and m codes. Even if I look them up in the manual I don't understand fully what they all do. I also know nothing about speeds and feeds.

You may check my cnc blog about cnc it has good material for the cnc beginners, with cnc program examples and even more related material check
    Http://visinia.com
    CNC Manual - Read & Download CNC Machine Manuals without Limits on any device
    http://cncmanual.com/