585,962 active members*
3,541 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Help with my 'part counter' please

Help with my 'part counter' please

Just learned how to do basic coding on my new Doosan but cant figure out how to stop the machine after a particular number of pasrts. Lets say 12 for now. I bet the answer will be easy for most. The machine is a Doosan 200, new, Fanuc i-series, I see the screen that allows me to enter part number and total parts in the 'Ofs/set' screen. I also use the G54 code at the end of the program but the machine keeps running. I looked up in the book and it said something about numeric codes(6710-6715) but doesnt say how to enter them. G54 6712? No letter code? Setting the part limit cant be all that hard, someone shed some new light on this? I have to limit the production since I use a bar puller and after the bar is used up, it indexes into the spindle, alarms, you know how it is! Thanks guys!

I believe you require M54 rather than G54? This should increment the part count.

What happens when you reach the required total is anyone's guess...sorry

DP

Yes you are right, it's a M54 not G54. I have a hard time believing that a new machine doesnt have a way to stop after a set number. I could be wrong..

Have you got a 'Repeat' toggle switch? If you have it may be linked to that...a bit of a stab in the dark I'm afraid..

DP

no, I dont have a repeat/toggle switch

Okay, did you have any joy with this? Had a look on my control (31i M) and it appears you just punch the number you want to make into parts required box on the Handy Settings screen (OFS/SET) key, like you said. Total parts complete can be reset or left alone.

The parts I do are large and cycle times are hours long, I have no need for the feature. I do, however use M54 in my background macros a lot, as it is a sort of 'spare' code as far as I am concerned, so I have defined it as a code that prevents the look-ahead feature, or buffering (for my own 'little' cycle timing project). It performs no other useful function in my world.

Now then, every time M54 comes up the total parts counter increments by one (it's up to about 2 billion now). I set the parts required to 1 last night and the program stopped with a message as soon as it hit the M54, so that bit is working.

You may find in you Parameter Manual) there is a parameter lurking somewhere (6710-6715?) that either activates this function and/or allows you to set another code (M30 for example) to do the same job. Parameters are accessed via the system key (you need to enable parameter write via the Handy Settings pages).

Hope that was useful to you.

DP

ps also look at post #5 here:-

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...odel_a5-2.html

Ah ha, thanks for the info! Found what I needed and found out that I needed to have the g54 before the m30 and g55 code for it to work right. I had it at the end and it didnt register!! Thanks for the help