585,974 active members*
4,338 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MACH3 Post Processor for ArtCAM

Is there a pos processor available for ArtCAM or can somebody help me write one. Just started using ArtCAM and it has a post processor for mach2, which seems to run okay on mach 3 with a couple tweaks to the code, but it doesn't support tool changes, so I have to make different programs for each tool. If anyone can help thank you.

TOM

Hi Tom,

where did you get the Mach2 Artcam post processor? I'm searching for it high and low.

Honestly I'm not really sure because I just started working here with ArtCAM. But it seems to already in ArtCAM Pro 8. If you send me your email I can send both of them to you. You haven't come across one for Mach3 in your searches have you?

Nope, it's kind of hard to search for post processors... My email is [email protected], and if i've ever come across Mach3 post processors for ArtCAM, I'll definitely send you a copy. Thanks.

Here's a post for ArtCAM. I'm not sure of it's complete functionallity because I heard of one user who said it didn't process tool changes correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I resently bought a Dayton Router Table (yer I know Silly Bugger!!!) it comes with absolutly nothing. I was told that it works with mach3 but as I can't connect the router to the computer - came with a 15 pin D-type connector. SO not too sure how this will work

Question are:
    The post processor -what is it?
    how does it work?
    If I was using MC-x would it work on this router ?

sorry for the newbe Q's but I am new

Salty

i think i sene a artcam post on the mach web

here you go alfagrande, this is the artcam post processor for mach2/3. runs on inches.

Hello Sunmix,

Do you have the metric version also?

thanks in advance

Juan

Mach 3 Post Processor

Im looking for the Mach 3 post processor for Artcam, Does anyone have it.
    I would be very fantastic to get it.

my email is [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by juan30 View Post
    Hello Sunmix,

Do you have the metric version also?

thanks in advance

Juan
    Dear Juan Can you obtain the Mach3 postprocessor for Artcam pro9 ???
    I need it because I can change tool with the Mach2 post...
    If you can send me a copy in milimeters will be very preciated.
    Thanks. Sebastian

artcams post processor for mach3 tool changing

I modify and rename the artcams existing post processor for mach2
    And now works fine in mm with mach3 and support tool changing.
    Just extract it and put it into the postp folder.
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by tasospe View Post
    Enjoy

THANKS MANY THANKS I WILL TRY IT.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello guys,

a friend of mine has bought a complete mill-pc-software-bundle for doing his rc-car-things. Now i tried to help him getting started with all that, but there is Artcam included (i'm a SheetCAMer)

We tried to make an engraving-operation for a door-sign (that looks really cool with that sharped corners btw), but when we started milling, the whole machine does very short, linear, jerking moves and was trembling all the time somehow. It DOES cut what it is supposed to be, but you can see that jitter of the machine on the edges of the path and i don't think it is good for the cutter, mill and spindle, too.

I first thought there is a problem with the Mach3-CV-Settings, but when i try a piece of GCode from (my) Sheetcam, everything is moving nice and smooth, also short moves.

When looking into the GCode i saw only very short linear moves, not even one single Arc or Circle.
    Now i read here about Postprocessors that does Arcs and Circles instead of short lines, when possible. So we tried some included PPs like the Axyz-Arc-mm-PP and the G-Code-Arcs-PP, but there is absolutely NO Arc or circle in the resulting Code?

Can anyone send him the Mach3-Arc-PP and tell me via PM?
    His Email is ordering111 at arcor.de

Maybe this PP can do Arcs, resulting in a smoother movement?

Thank you very much!

Greetz,

Marc
    Plz excuse my english, i'm german

Hello Spartan,

Its been awhile ive played Artcam, but what I can tip you of is:

You can try using a Fanuc Post Processor because Fanuc and Mach3 happens to use the same G-Code language. Try searching for Fanuc Post Processor in the ArtCAM post processor folder. If you have found a fanuc pp, use Notepad to open the processor file, and look whether it has commands for G02 and G03. These 2 G-Code Actions are Arc Movement Actions for Mach3.

PS: I've no more access to ArtCam so this is the best I can help you with.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    Hello guys,

a friend of mine has bought a complete mill-pc-software-bundle for doing his rc-car-things. Now i tried to help him getting started with all that, but there is Artcam included (i'm a SheetCAMer)

We tried to make an engraving-operation for a door-sign (that looks really cool with that sharped corners btw), but when we started milling, the whole machine does very short, linear, jerking moves and was trembling all the time somehow. It DOES cut what it is supposed to be, but you can see that jitter of the machine on the edges of the path and i don't think it is good for the cutter, mill and spindle, too.

I first thought there is a problem with the Mach3-CV-Settings, but when i try a piece of GCode from (my) Sheetcam, everything is moving nice and smooth, also short moves.

When looking into the GCode i saw only very short linear moves, not even one single Arc or Circle.
    Now i read here about Postprocessors that does Arcs and Circles instead of short lines, when possible. So we tried some included PPs like the Axyz-Arc-mm-PP and the G-Code-Arcs-PP, but there is absolutely NO Arc or circle in the resulting Code?

Can anyone send him the Mach3-Arc-PP and tell me via PM?
    His Email is ordering111 at arcor.de

Maybe this PP can do Arcs, resulting in a smoother movement?

Thank you very much!

Greetz,

Marc
    "I will not let you regret knowing me."

Also been a while since I've really dug into ArtCAM, and am a little rusty. However, this does not sound like a post issue. Sounds more like the toolpath is set so that ArtCAM is trying to raster the feature. Possibly you used an image in ArtCAM to create the toolpath instead of a vector? An engraving toolpath should smoothly follow the vectors of the feature. Depending on the feature you may still get many line segments instead of arcs, but the motion will be smooth, not constantly reversing direction. If you could post the ArtCAM file I might be able to help you out, I still have an old copy on my computer.

Hey guys.

No, it was a very smooth vector-contour, consisting of many arcs and created with my DXF-Tool.
    I don't have the file here, i will write him to send me a copy asap

Thank you and regards,

Marc
    Plz excuse my english, i'm german

Quote Originally Posted by tasospe View Post
    Enjoy

It seems that this post processor has a code that it will go to the home position before running the program.
    When i set the fixture offset, i will start from the position it is, and not from the homing position.. Is there a way for that?
    I will save some time

Did you use a program to edit the PP ?

Greetings from Robert.

Greetings from Robert.
    My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Maby it goes to "Home position" because i set the "Home position" for changing tool...
    Maby i can set the "tool change", there the machine IS ?

Greetings from Robert.
    My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html