585,692 active members*
4,848 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Robofil 440 has overtravel issues

Hi, guys. I have a Robofil 440 that is constantly e-stopping with overtravel alarms in both Y and X, depending on its mood. The axis that causes the alarm is never actual in an overtraveled state, or anywhere close to it. From the googling I've done I see that lots of people have had this problem with this machine and the most common advice seems to be make sure the ball screws are greased properly and continue to reboot the control until the problem goes away. The ball screws are properly greased, so that isn't going to help. We were thinking about changing the parameter the sets that load trigger level, since it's not a limit switch causing it, to a higher level. The problem is twofold, one we don't have any documentation on the machine so therefore have no idea which parameter it is, and also we aren't sure if that would help or if it may damage the machine.

Any input at all would greatly appreciated. I've tried everything I can think of or google.

Help!

Re: Robofil 440 has overtravel issues

Did you ever figure this out? Im having the same issue. Y axis seems to be giving a load detection. I can press on lower head and can clear alarm but as soon as I go Y+ it goes into alarm