585,954 active members*
3,863 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

straight line sloped/slanted

I had to etch a road on a big wood piece using my laserpro explorer 100 w (38" x 20") the other day, and I noticed that the straight line that I'm trying to etch or even cut is not coming out straight... It starts off straight at the origin and slants/slopes down the further out you go. the mirrors were all aligned by a laserpro tech a couple of weeks ago.
    I talked to my laserpro rep today and he said that it's probably one of the motors, so he's gonna send me an x and y motor so I can try them and see where the problem is from.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like that? Do you think that the problem is from the x or y motors?

Thanks

It's most likely dirty shaft encoders , the motors have a black cover on the end , remove the motor and gently gently pry the cover off off , look carefully to see how it comes off.
    You will see a disc that runs between a small optical reader....gently gently use a very soft brush and brush it off and perhaps unscrew the reader assembly and brush the optics clean , reassemble and put the black cover on - gently gently with EVERYTHING and then use masking tape to seal all the possible entrances for dust on the motor/cap interface.
    If its not that , then it could be a shot motor or it could be a belt pulley thats slipping on the motor shaft (unlikely it's that)