585,712 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > Default Plunge feedrates, and "coolant on" questions..

Default Plunge feedrates, and "coolant on" questions..

So, been having fun editing my own posts. I've got a couple machines that I have been modifying the posts for, and as simple as it may sound, I've gotten stuck on 2 items. Item one is: How do I always have it default to 100 IPM plunge rate in the Z? I will never plunge right into material, so I would like to have one less thing to think about in my post. Is this something that I would look for in the Control/Machine Definition, or is it in the post processor?

Item number 2 is the coolant. M08 is posted out for T1 (or first tool of the file, but never again for any subsequent tool. However, M09 appears at the end of every tool. Also, I want to try to get my M09 on my last Z rapid out move of the tool.
    eg;

G0 Z.25 M9
    G49 G53 Z0 M19
    M01

If you could direct me to the approximate locations in the post, or otherwise, that would be awesome. I could uplad the file and beg someone very nice to edit it for me, but then I would learn nothing, right?

Oh, and yes, I've been leeping a running backup of a good working post before I go chopping mine up.

Oh, and I'm running X4

Of course, the "coolant off" on the last Z move is rather unimportant in the grand scheme of things. I can live with that if it ends up becoming a rather tedious job to change it, which I suspect it might end up being...

Well, tried and tried, but couldn't find the source of my coolant error. So I said screw it. Went into the post again, and found my: pbld, n$, sg43, *tlngno$, pfzout, pstagetool, e$ line. Added an ,"/M8", before the e$. Did that in a couple places. The only downside is that it will ALWAYS be posted out. Not even certain this is a problem. Tapping, yeah, I would want it off, but that is about it. I can live with my ghetto fix

Are you using V9 or X style coolant?

I was using X, somewhere along the line it got changed to V9. I tried switching it back, but I get alarms now, saying that coolant option is not available for this machine config...

First you need to go into your machine def in general machine parameters >Coolant Commands and uncheck the box for Support cooland using coolant value in post processor (provides backward compatibility for old posts)".
    That will put you back to X style, then you can look into your post for correct coolant.