I just over paid on a Benford Micromill ($500). It also can with a bunch of Scantek 2000 Modules. If you know what I can do with these Modules please let me know.

I thought because the Micromill was used in schools, I could teach myself how to use this machine. I was told it was only a couple years old. When I got it home it is from 1998. It uses the DOS program to run the mill. I have all the disk for the mill but I don't have the product key and I don't have anything to run DOS.

The other problem is it has a safety key to turn it on. I don't have the key and therefor I can't even test to see if the machine runs.

These are my questions. What should I do with the program? I have read about changing out the boards. This makes me nervous because I have never done this. My next quesitons is, can I cut the wires to the key and connect them to another on off switch?

I am not sure if this was the place to post this. I would appreciate any help.

This is what I was hoping to accomplish with buying this mill. I sell reproduction inserts / buubles / blisters for toys in the 80's. I use an automotive vacuum former to make to make the inserts. I want to be able to make molds and die cuts for the vacuum former. If anybody has experience in this. I have tons of questions.