585,978 active members*
4,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SolidCAM for SolidWorks and SolidCAM for Inventor > GPPTool variables for Stock and Target definition

GPPTool variables for Stock and Target definition

Hi all,

I'm playing with solidcam gpptool making post processor but I can't find variables like

material_x, material_y, material_z to define the stock size and target size.

I know in the normal machines does not use it but I know too post processor simpler like artcam or vectric use that values.

I'm thinking to do with different coordenate systems placed in the corners and named specifically to do this, but I suposo it would be a clearest way.

Someone know about this?

Thanks million

If you have defined your stock then these variables are available to the post processor (GPP) - the following lines are for use with Heidenhain code.

{NB 'BLK FORM 0.1 Z X' stock_x_minus:XPOS_F, ' Y' stock_y_minus:XPOS_F, ' Z' stock_z_minus:XPOS_F}
    {nb, 'BLK FORM 0.2 X' stock_x_plus:XPOS_F ' Y' stock_y_plus:XPOS_F ' Z' stock_z_plus:XPOS_F}

How fast have you made me happy

I spend hours and hours searching the manuals and internet looking for that, but is not documented. I try, with "target_x_minus" but not exist, but it doesn't matter the really important was this one.

Do you know how can I get this kind of variables documentation?

Thanks million, and thanks million again.

Jauki

do a trace all in the GPP and look hard at the variables declared in the section of output "@start_of_file" and "@start_of_program". If the variables are anywhere, they will be there.

SolidCAM don't keep the documentation for the post processor files as up to date as they should. There are a number of things that are useful that are not documented anywhere and quite a few more that are documented but in places you wouldn't expect.