584,857 active members*
4,051 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fadal VMC15 intro?

I was not planning on getting it, but my fingers got too happy and... well the did is done

So I'm now trying to learn more about this machine. What I know is that it has a 88HS controller and that the serial number is 9311182.

I should be receiving it next week. The rigger already told me that I'll have to remove the motor to get it through a 7-foot garage door where it will stay for a couple of months until I have a place to move it to.

I do not know if it has 10HP or 15HP. It has the 16 ATC. And since no one said otherwise it probably has the 7500 spindle (as opposed to the 10000). Can you tell if it has the faster or the slower tool change based on the serial number?

Are there a couple of places that would have an intro to the machine? or perhaps an overview of all the Fadals to kind of put this one in context.

Well anything really

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fadal.jpg  

It's more than likely either a 7.5HP or 10HP. Probably has the 7,500 RPM spindle and more than likely does not have the servo turret (faster tool changer). You can tell if it does have the servo turret because there should be an amplifier for this mounted inside the back cabinet next to the spindle drive.

It probably has a 4th axis pre-wire as well...be sure to check for a black dummy plug inside the sheet metal to your right.

We have the manuals on our site under the Services tab, so feel free to browse and read more about Fadals.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions...we're actually in the process of rebuilding a '93 VMC15 right now...let us know if you want to trade for a VMC15 that is guaranteed to be in excellent condition.

-Shelvin
    (818) 678-9456
    TheFadalParts.com
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

Thanks. I'll probably run this one for a while. We will see how it goes

Anyway, I looked at your website and the only pdf I found that was specific to the VMC15 was the parts manual. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed from NY View Post
    Thanks. I'll probably run this one for a while. We will see how it goes

Anyway, I looked at your website and the only pdf I found that was specific to the VMC15 was the parts manual. Did I miss something?
    The user and maintenance manuals are standard...those will apply to your VMC15.

-Shelvin
    (818) 678-9456
    TheFadalParts.com
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!