585,930 active members*
3,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Power feed for the PM-30 lv mill?

Power feed for the PM-30 lv mill?

Does anyone make a power table feed for the PM-30 lv mill?

I heard someone said they did for the BF20 which should fit.

I have a power feed for my IH mill which I CNC so I was going to adapt it to my Weiss 30 but I think i'm just going to CNC it so it is extra.

If you can't find one I could make a adapter to fit the 30 and you can buy the whole setup and save a few bucks.

Let me know.

The way it drives the RF types of mills is with a drive cog that fits the cog on the mill. I would make a cog to go on the Weiss and it would work the same way. A fairly simple part.

I won't have the mill for a few week, should be shipping out Monday.
    Arizonavideo can you send me a photo and price? [email protected]

I was wondering if the Grizzly power feed for the G0704 would work. Not sure if it's even available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gumba View Post
    I was wondering if the Grizzly power feed for the G0704 would work. Not sure if it's even available yet.
    Lathemaster is offerring one for $249 on their website.

I knew someone had a power feed out there.

I bought the Lathmaster power feed for my PM30MV. It will take some work to get it to work. The PM30 shaft measures approx. .475" dia. and the Lathemaster shaft opening measures approx. .388". Will also need to re key the shaft after it's turned down. The shaft length looks fine. The mounting holes also don't line up.

On a different note, I used an old Grizzly power table feed to raise and lower the head. Man, I hated cranking that thing. Don't know if anyone makes one, but boy what an improvement.

Hi gumba, what do you think of the lathemaster power feed? I was looking at one for my G0704 mill but I wasn't for sure how I'd like it. Most of the power feeds I've seen use a handle for back and forth movement but the lathemaster power feed seems to have a switch for fast and slow, a switch for left and right movement, a speed control and a large knob that I'm not sure what it does.

I would appreciate any info you could give me on how it works and what you think of it.

It will be a few days before I get to modifying PM 30 to mount the power feed. Compared to to my old Grizzly power feed #H8178 for the G0463/G0619 the Lathemaster is a lot beefier. Lathemaster controls, top left : on/off, bottom left: speed control, top right: fast button (overrides the speed control), bottom right: direction, the big knob is used to engage/disengage the gear set.

Thanks, I may have to give this one a try.