584,863 active members*
4,976 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak QT-20 spindle inhibit alarm

Hi everyone. Have just purchased a Mazak QT-20 with mazatrol T1 control. Having a problem getting the spindle to run. Keeps throwing up the alarm 130 spindle rotation inhibited. I can get the spindle to jog but it will not allow me to put the spindle on by simply upping the RPM. Also when I try to run a program it won't start the spindle and just says missing condition. Have huge experience programming and operating mazaks but am stumped on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Iv tried moving the chuck to engage the gears. Tried lots of other things but can't get it to do more than a jog. Please help. Lol.

Sorry machine is 1983 and second hand obviously. Had a new spindle put in about a year ago and all was working fine prior to transportation to myself. Bit more info there.

The only two things that I can remember that would cause this is the chuck position (closed or open, internal or external chucking) and the tailstock position. There are probably two proximity switches in the body of the tailstock. You probably already know this, but maybe it will help.
    Good luck.

The machine was moved as you said and any number of things could have been jarred loose such as limit switches, etc... wiring loose or broken.

Also check to see if there is a gear selection. If it thinks it is not in gear then you will get this alarm too.

Regards,

Chippy

AIR! If I recall they had air chucks installed on them. Gotta have air on to the machine and the pressure switch made.

Where in Scotland are you?
    Mark.

Hi Manuseymour, i have an old Mazak as well a Slant Turn- 15, i have basically the same issue, can JOG, but cannot START the spindle, in AUTO, it goes to the Z and X position but when the Spindle command arrives, it give the Spindle Tun Inhibit Alarm, cant figure it out, wonder if you had, let me know your progress, thanks.

Anybody have any clues on this problem?, I have a very slimilar problem going on.

Machine is a 86 QT8 with a T2 control. Machine was running before I purchased it from a school. The machine has set for a period before I picked it up, well needless to say the parameters were lost. Long story short is I have reinitialized the machine, loaded the parameters. I get no alarms but can get the spindle to turn on, it will jog. Also I can get the chuck to open and close but it will not move full travel.

I am guessing it has to do with some tweaking needed on the parameters, and this may be causing my spindle problem. I am new to the Mazatrol so it would be great if someone can walk me thorugh the process to get this chuck opening and closing fully. I tried inputing the jaw diminsions but didnt seem to change anything.

As said before check tailstock is retracted
    Check tool eye is home,
    Chuck must be clamped, you may need to adjust proximity sensors on chuck cylinder

The chuck was working properly just didnt realize that the stroke for it was so short, and that the jaws had to be adjusted. Figured out the spindle issue was 2 parameters were wrong.

Re: Mazak QT-20 spindle inhibit alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheel Werkz View Post
    The chuck was working properly just didnt realize that the stroke for it was so short, and that the jaws had to be adjusted. Figured out the spindle issue was 2 parameters were wrong.
    Hello two Wheel, can you please tell us which to parameters you changed, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuseymour View Post
    Hi everyone. Have just purchased a Mazak QT-20 with mazatrol T1 control. Having a problem getting the spindle to run. Keeps throwing up the alarm 130 spindle rotation inhibited. I can get the spindle to jog but it will not allow me to put the spindle on by simply upping the RPM. Also when I try to run a program it won't start the spindle and just says missing condition. Have huge experience programming and operating mazaks but am stumped on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Iv tried moving the chuck to engage the gears. Tried lots of other things but can't get it to do more than a jog. Please help. Lol.
    Press the pedal to open and close jaws, it must be in the grip position whether the inner or outer grip jaws are active. The gear change must also be selected first, two ranges 1 and 2. This is done by pressing yellow GEAR SHIFT keys, pressing 1 or 2 and pressing inpunt. display should show SPINDLE (1 or 2)