585,927 active members*
3,344 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > C10 interface card to g540

C10 interface card to g540

I searched this thread a few times and still have not ran into it.
    Ive got the cnc4pc C10 parallel port interface card rev.10 that has been sitting around for a while and was wondering if anybody by chance might have wiring diagrams or know a way to connect it to the g540. I do have a second parallel port on the pc connected internally just want more inputs for auto tool zero and and a power draw bar.
    Any suggestions would be great .

more inputs

I know the card plugs from one side pc port to other side card port and do I just power with seperate ps and use inputs through mach to designate what pin inputs to use or is there a different method, Any ideas anybody I am knew to this type of board but was under the assumption that this would work
    If pictures are need please let me know

If you have a second parallel port, why wouldn't you connect the C10 to that port and use Mach3 to configure the pins?

Why would you want to connect the C10 to the G540?

Are you saying there are no connections to the g540 to the parallel port card just power the card up plug pc to card wire in n.c. or no inputs and go to mach 3 and set inputs and go .

Quote Originally Posted by Vatorman View Post
    Are you saying there are no connections to the g540 to the parallel port card just power the card up plug pc to card wire in n.c. or no inputs and go to mach 3 and set inputs and go .

I would like add more accessories to my mill and i know the g540 does not have enough inputs to do what i will be doing. Just trying to prepare myself for add-ons to the mill. Tool changer, Draw bar, Auto tool zero coolant and mist control etc. all through mach 3. spindle control would be nice but have not found any solutions or ideas with my spindle and and electronics package.

The C10 is a parallel port breakout board. The G540 essentially has a built-in parallel port breakout board.

The G540 has some available outputs and inputs. If you have used up the available outputs and inputs of the G540, then you can get additional outputs and inputs by connecting the C10 to a second parallel port, and taking those outputs and inputs directly from the C10.

Thank you very much for the info as i am new to this and info on this site is been a huge help to my conversion. what machine and electronics are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Vatorman View Post
    Thank you very much for the info as i am new to this and info on this site is been a huge help to my conversion. what machine and electronics are you running?
    I am in the middle of converting an HF X2 mill and a 7x10 HF lathe to CNC. I hope to get an RF-45 clone and either a Grizzly G0602 or a 12x36 lathe later this year, and plan to CNC both of them as well. My goal is to do some small-scale production runs of parts that I have designed, mostly with aluminum, but likely with stainless steel as well.

While I currently have a TB6560-based board for use with the lathe, I am planning to buy a G540 to use with the X2. I have previously researched the C10 (as well as some similar no-name eBay boards), and have also built my own parallel port breakout boards. I am also working on designing some microcontroller-based add-on boards suitable for use in home or small business CNC applications.

So I have a lot of projects in the works, and have found this forum to be an invaluable source of good info. Good luck with your build...