584,800 active members*
4,746 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Autodesk > Drawing an angled slot that follows circumference of cylinder?

Threaded View

Drawing an angled slot that follows circumference of cylinder?

I am trying to draw a 3D model of a part that I need to get CNC'd but I am stuck at a point and really could use some help from you AutoCAD guru's.

The part in question is a cylinder that has a slot cut into the outer surface around the entire circumference of the cylinder. Now the slot has two sections where it follows in a straight radial direction. One is located at the front and at the top of the cylinder. The second is loctated at the bottom and towards the back of the cylinder. The end of each of the straight slots is connected to each other by a diagonal slot that follows the contour of the cyclinder. Basically this part is a cam. Another part, which has has a pin in it, will follow the slot in the cylinder.

I have been able to draw the cylinder and the two straight slots but haven't been able to figure out how to do the diagonal slots.

I have attached the cad file of what I have gotten so far along with a picture showing what the part should look like.

I just don't want someone to finish the drawing for me but I would like to learn how it is done as well for the future.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails box-cam.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files