586,009 active members*
4,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Formatting

Formatting

Is there any way to change the format on Mazatrol programs after they've been written and saved on the controller then transfer via USB to a storage file. I have 4 machines and 3 formats...M32, M64, and MPS. Right now we use what is called File Manager, I believe it is part of Mazacam, The M64 won't go into the file manager because it is newer I believe, so I have to store programs in two locations and Id like to have them in just one. The two older machines are hooked up to the network and the two newer Nexus' use the USB.

Depending on your comm software, you can exchange "formats" which what actually would be happening is the file extension being exchanged at transfer. It's just a simple replace script. But here's the catch.... You need to be able to track which file is originally which format so that when you send it back to the machine, the extension gets exchanged to the correct for loading.

Mazatrol programs are not downward compatable. And in some cases, going upward may require a bit of editing. Even if you took them out using 3-digit format, the version codes are different (the start string) so the control would still have problems translating.

So, sounds more like the simple fix here for you is to call Solutionware and upgrade your Mazacam version to accept the new file types.
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....