584,805 active members*
4,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots > panarobo upload/download software

panarobo upload/download software

Hello to all,

I have been asked to back-up the part programs on a panasonic panarobo AW005 robot and that seems impossible without the software......

After contacting panasonic I found the machine is no longer supported and the software is not available. There is a windows based software out there that I need and if there is anyone out there who has it, would it be possible to get a copy of it???

Thanks in advance.

One would think with all the robots out there there would be some software available.
    Anyway, it is now a done deal, progs are backed up. Enjoy the panarobos if you have them, they last for years.
    Null modem cables pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru
    this cable works

Please share info!!!

Hello, I have just acquired a Panarobo vs25 with a Panadac 385 controller. Like you, I have found close to NOTHING on Google in terms of documentation or software. The door of the Panadac controller has a db25 port for uploading/downloading programs, but I am unsure what to do with it without the software.

So here go the questions:
    How did you back up the programs without the software?
    Is there any way to manipulate the robot without the panasonic software aside from the teaching pendant?

Any idea on where to obtain the software or how much it costs?

What type of input does the controller expect? G codes? I read somewhere that the code was visual basic-like, however I am unsure if this is the case.

Once connected, did you use puTTY or other terminal emulation software? If so do you have any tips such as useful commands or how the terminal is presented?

Truth be told, I do not yet have access to the machine, but I would like to be prepared as I will have a window of around one month to attempt to get it functioning before I have to fly out of the country. I am also amazed at the lack of documentation and software on behalf of Panasonic.

Thank you,
    Vittorio

Would it be possible to bypass the controller

panarobo software

Vittorio88,

I have the software for the aw005, which may work for others. also the cable pinout, have to get that later today. I will send what i have..... fairly straight forward process to upload/download.

Let me know where you need to have it sent.

Oh, FYI..... I cant seem to find anything on VS25, do you have any more info on what it is you have......

Thank you!!!!

There is a special place in heaven for people like you!!!

My email is vittorio88 at msn dot com

I will get some images together and post them in addition to technical specs later today.

If the file is too large I can set up a server for you to upload tomorrow.

More info

Ok, so I butchered the model number, the correct one is ks-v25. The controller is a PanaDAC 385s.

It appears to be an educational robot.

I would still appreciate the software, because I have no where to start.

I have included images of the robot, the controller and the teaching pendant.

Thanks,
    Vittorio
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1 (3).JPG   photo 2 (3).JPG   photo 2 (2).JPG   photo 5 (3).JPG  

Panarobo soft

Quote Originally Posted by 323ci View Post
    Vittorio88,

I have the software for the aw005, which may work for others. also the cable pinout, have to get that later today. I will send what i have..... fairly straight forward process to upload/download.

Let me know where you need to have it sent.

Oh, FYI..... I cant seem to find anything on VS25, do you have any more info on what it is you have......
    Were in the same boat. Is there a way I can get a copy?

Software

If I remember correctly the software was incompatible, but if you want I'll send it to you. Send me an email to (myusername)@msn.com, and I will reply with it as an attatchment.

You need Dosbox to make it work.

Do you have any other info, as to how to program the robot with a PC?

I also need to reset/adjust the servo encoder, because the servos have a nasty jitter when the arm moves.

Re: Panarobo soft

Hi, I have just acquired a Panarobo vs20 with a Panadac 380 controller. Like you, I have found close to NOTHING on Google in terms of documentation or software. The door of the Panadac controller has a db25 port for uploading/downloading programs, but I am unsure what to do with it without the software.

So here go the questions:

Any idea on where to obtain the software and manual

Thank you,
    Resh

Re: Panarobo soft

Hi Good Morning any updates

Thanks
    Resh

Re: panarobo upload/download software

Hello, I have Panasonic robot model VR-008A. The controller box have RS-232C port. I have RS-232C cable but I don't have the software. Can you send to me the software? Thank you.

Hi Vitto, Can you send me the pana robo softwaree too please i have a Pana robo vr006 and need to extract the program from backup purposes. Please and thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio88 View Post
    If I remember correctly the software was incompatible, but if you want I'll send it to you. Send me an email to (myusername)@msn.com, and I will reply with it as an attatchment.

You need Dosbox to make it work.

Do you have any other info, as to how to program the robot with a PC?

I also need to reset/adjust the servo encoder, because the servos have a nasty jitter when the arm moves.

Re: panarobo software

Hi, I have also been looking all over for the software and have had no luck.
    I have robots vr005 c2 and I need to backup the programs.
    could you help me by sharing the software you have to see if it works on the robots I have.

thanks, in advance.