585,994 active members*
4,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tool File edit

Hi, I'm a little new with Mazak CNCs and I have this problem. I'm running a VNC-510C and after I create a new tool, wich is an endmill 19mm, I try running my program and each and every time I get the error ... bla bla bla tool file something ... so I go in the tool file window and I can't seem to find the way on how to create my a new endmill slot in the tool file ... Can anyone help me.

Regards

How are you programming?
    If you're programming in EIA... just ignore the error....
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

The tool file is a mazatrol only concept. It is additional cutting conditions tables you make yourself. Mazatrol will use it in milling units ONLY TO AUTO CALC feeds and speeds in the program.

It applies only to milling tools - face mill, end mill, ball end mill and chamfer mill.

EIA doesn't use it and if you fill in the blanks in mazatrol for F/S/DOC it is also moot.

you navigate to the Tool File Pages via a softkey in Tool Data. note you have four pages to navigate - make sure you're on the correct page, and lastly, the tools are sorted by nominal size place - smallest to largest. this is why your latest info seems to disappear when you navigate away and come back. In other words - it's not chronologically displayed.

cursor/arrow down is how you get to the tool file fields.

-jim