585,781 active members*
4,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > hurco kmp3 motion error on y axis fix?

hurco kmp3 motion error on y axis fix?

when i turn the machine on and calibrate it i keep gettin a error message sayin axis not calibrated servo fault on y depres manual mode power reset servos and start and when i do this the same thing again happens does anybody have a solution for this or ran into this problem and know how to solve it thanks

can you move the Y axis by hand? Does it start to move then fault out when it nears the back of it's travel? Is the rubber mat getting crushed behind the table and causing the fault? will it jog forwards without calibrating it?

No, we can't move the table by hand, when we calibrating the machine,

it gives me the servo fault anywhere right after start going home on Y, and

it tries to go too fast on Y. And yes ...I can jog on Y without before

calibrating the machine...

Any idea why is doing that? Thanks.

If before calibrating, you try to jog the Y axis, does it move smoothly and stop as soon as you stop jogging it?
    Can you jog it the full length of it's travel on the handwheel in both directions?
    Or does it just take off uncontrollably when you try to jog it?
    Does it count correctly (if at all) it's position on the screen?
    If you jog it slowly on the handwheel, and it starts to move slowly on it's own when you stop turning the wheel, will it change direction if you wind it slowly back the other way? Does the display count while it's doing this?

Yes it does, I can travel fron end to end on Y with the handwheel with no problem and appears to be reading fine, i can tell when I jog slowly in both directions and also looks like counting ok in both directions. If you do it faster is hard to tell if is reading but it looks fine jog and reading....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XXcammasterXX View Post
    when i turn the machine on and calibrate it i keep gettin a error message sayin axis not calibrated servo fault on y depres manual mode power reset servos and start and when i do this the same thing again happens does anybody have a solution for this or ran into this problem and know how to solve it thanks
    I keep getting the same thing on my kmp-3. Except i cant jog at all. dont have my manuals yet but when i calibrate i keep getting a z axis fault....any help please!:stickpoke