585,591 active members*
2,991 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need ladder ROM's

Help, Mori-masters !!! (Underthetire, jherrera, and others...)

Our beloved 1990 Mori AL-22S w/ Fanuc 0T-C would not go READY this morning. The CRT screen could not be advanced past the display of software version and the message: SLAVE READY WAIT (PMC)
    NOT READY

After lots of diagnostic checks we decided that a MEMORY CLEAR (Reset & Delete @ Power On) was in order. After replacing the memory batteries and reloading the option parameters, we cycled power. On power up the behavior was the same: SLAVE READY WAIT (PMC)
    NOT READY
    and we couldn't change screens.

After some discussion with our helpful Fanuc rep, we swapped PMC-M cards with another (similar) machine. The two ladder chips (0F1 & 0F2) were installed on the swapped pcb. After loading just the PMC option, we cycled power and the behavior/display was the same.

So it looks like one or both PMC chips are corrupted. Now the real fun begins:
    dealing with the local Mori distributor. This has never been an enjoyable experience in the past - between parts pricing that approaches being a crime against nature, arrogant service techs, and a general lack of any sense of urgency - my fun meter is reading almost "infinite resistance" before I begin.

Do I have any alternatives? Is there some other source for ladder ROM's for our machine? I'm guessing that it would be fruitless to try to have these ROM's read / copied since the data is corrupted.

Any help will be appreciated.

emexcee380

I got nothing. Sorry. And they will be fall off your chair expensive.

Mr. Tire,

Thanks for your response. I'm currently waiting for a response from the local Mori distributor.

Looks like this is really gonna be a sticky problem if (in addition to taking a long time) it's expensive as well.

I'll keep you posted.

Hey, suppose I found another AL-22S owner who was willing to allow us to copy their EPROM's. Do you know anyone who can copy them?

Please advise.

emexcee380

YIKES !!

Senor Tire,

Wow! You were right on the money about the cost of replacement EPROMs.

About $1200.00 EACH !!!!

I can remember back in the 90's getting replacements (or updated software) for a couple hundred bucks. Certainly at least 1/2 this cost is my local distributor "stepping on" the cost ALOT and passing the savings on to us.

Looks like we have no choice but to take the assault......

emexcee380

FS0TC ladder eproms

If you can find another owner with the SAME numbers on the proms, you could easily make the case that it would be good to get them archived and copied. They are not hard to copy - even buying a prom copier would be cost effective in this case.

In years past, we found that Fanuc occasionally kept copies around for various machines.

This is a serious, recurring problem for the whole community. E-Proms fail on their own all the time - no one keeps backups. We are currently four months into searching for a Femco ladder that even the factory can't locate.

Warren

Uptime Electronics, Inc.

Hey Guys,

We finally had to submit to the assault and buy the ladder EPROMs from Mori.

At least the cost was only $1200 instead of the original $2400 they initially quoted.

The machine is back up with only minor issues due to a bogus parameter list.

Thanks for all responses.

emexcee380