Hello all

We have a Fagor 8050m (max 4 axis version) on our Mill with a Renishaw SP2-1 and the Tracing option. Our Mill has a configuration with 2 Servomotors on Y and Y', which is configured in the control as Gantry axes Y and V.

First Question: Does a Gantry axes, which is "just slaved " to Y, fillup this 4 axe limitation, or is it still possible to add a Rotary Table?
Thats the reason why i ask.

In other words are the max 4 axes for interpolated axes + gantry or just any of 4 ? I mean there are still free analog out!

Our Fagor Support, coul'd or did not want answer this question, just told me because of discontinued eeprom selling with this software there is no 6 axis version possible anymore , even there is not clear if it is necessary - but did not tell me if its really needed...

Then i asked again....you know what he said...upgrade to 8055.(still could not answer my question)
Because of same System, it is possible to just change the CPU board.

But then he told me the renishaw SP2 will not be supported anymore on the 8055...Can anybody confirm this?

Even if the 8055 is very nice, i don't want to upgrade if it is not necessary and then the renishaw is not supported anymore - thats wasting time+money.

Best regards
Martin