584,874 active members*
4,908 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Victor VMC fanuc 10M

Hey there guys, I just picked up a 1986 Victor VMC Vcenter-4 with Fanuc 10m control. When I powered up the machine and had the airlines hooked up, the tool pod immediatly went into the down position. It stayed there for a couple days while trying to troubleshoot it and figure it out. Today when I powered the machine down at the head, the pod magicly went up and stayed there. OK great! So I powered back up and went into MDI mode and typed in T2EOB and ran it. The carosoul selected the proper tool. I then typed in M6EOB and ran that. The tool changer performed the tool change until on its way back to complete the change over I made the mistake of leaving a gard loose and the arm errored out and halted because of the contact. I then bolted the gard back up in place but now I cant clear the error light on the control panel. The pod is also now stuck in the down position again. Does anyone know what I should be doing to clear the error or any way to bring the tool pod back into the up position?

Thanks in advance for any help!

This can also happen if the reset or Emergency button is pressed during an index.
    The operators manual is needed since this is a complicated procedure. The PC part of the control needs to be used, and keep relay parameters will need to be changed. The 8000 parameter has to be unlocked. With the manual it will take about 15 minutes if no errors are made. Let me know if you do not have a manual.

Thank you, I do not have a manual, I was able to get the last operator of the machine to stop in and show me what needed to be done. It involved all of what you mentioned. After he left I had it happen again and fumbled through it myself but changed the wrong parameter, Stupid. Now I cant remember the value. Looks like another phone call is in order. If you have a copy of the manual I would be very greatfull! My E-mail is [email protected]

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Dheimification View Post
    Thank you, I do not have a manual, I was able to get the last operator of the machine to stop in and show me what needed to be done. It involved all of what you mentioned. After he left I had it happen again and fumbled through it myself but changed the wrong parameter, Stupid. Now I cant remember the value. Looks like another phone call is in order. If you have a copy of the manual I would be very greatfull! My E-mail is [email protected]

Thanks,
    Dear Sir ,
    I also had the same problem with similar machines .Can u send me the manuals for the same .

regards
    sunil
    [email protected]