584,860 active members*
5,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > TB6560 3 Axis 6 Wire Nema 23

Question TB6560 3 Axis 6 Wire Nema 23

Hello I am new to all things cnc and am trying to hook up my nema23 six wire steppers to the TB6560 driver board mentioned above. I have received some documentation, but have sent the same question posted here to the original seller (in china), and am still awaiting a reply (so I am posting here for the time being). I can't make sense of the minimal info they have given, and am hoping someone here can give some advice/info. I don't know which wires to cap off/leave out, which to hook up; 4, or all 6? Thank YOU!

Bipolar (Series) Connection for 6 leads High Torque, is what I am hoping for. Thanks! bump

wires are red, green, blue, yellow, ( black and white) do I cap off the black and white and don't let them touch? Anyone, bump

You can not tell just by the color as it varies by supplier. You need to determine which is the center tap and cap it off. Have you done a search on the part number to find the data sheets for your motors?
    If you can not find a spec you can find the center tap by measuring the resistance between the wires.
    The center of each coil will have half the resistance between the wires of the full coil.

Do you have a part number.
    Do you have a meter to measure resistance.

George

Thanks for your reply, I am looking it up now...one moment

Found this much so far, am still searching, I think I may have a volt meter...haven't used it in a while and am going to try and track it down. Thanks
    Part No.: 57BYGH633
    Frame Size: NEMA23
    Step Angle: 1.8 degree
    Voltage: 3.0V
    Current: 3.0 A/phase
    Resistance: 1.0Ohm/phase
    Inductance: 1.6mH/phase
    Holding torque: 13.5Kg-cm 191oz-in , with unipolar (For Bipolar connecting, the holding torque is 270oz-in)

Rotor inertia: 480 g-cm2
    Detent torque: 0.68 kg-cm
    Number of wire leads: 6
    Weight: 2.20lb (1.0 kg)
    Length: 78mm

A spec sheet I found shows black green pair with yellow center tap and red blue with white center tap
    If this checks out with meter cap off the yellow and white wires.

If it was me I would verify with meter as the result of a wrong connection is a blown driver

Best of luck
    George

Thanks George could you link me to the spec. sheet? I found the volt meter, but its an old dial that doesn't seem to be working, better invest in a digital to be safe.

thanks, I was just on the kysan site...thanks again!

Question Wiring

I just attached a file of what the seller sent me, and I still can't tell what goes where, which is A+/-, B+/- etc. and which to cap off. What should the voltmeter be reading out for me to know what is what (I have ordered a new digital one and am waiting for the mean time). Thanks Again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 57BYGH633[1].jpg  

It does not matter which is a+/- or b+/- as long as a pair go to A and a different pair to B
    If motor goes in the wrong direction you can change a pair around or just change the coding in software

For example hook Black to A+ and green to A- then Red to B+ and blue to B-
    Just be sure the white and yellow wires are insulated from each other and the other wires and ground. That is cap them off so they touch nothing.

George

Thank You, your advice is saving me a lot of trouble!!

just got my kit from ebay with 3 stepper motors (57BYGH603) i configured mach 3 with setting they told me to with there terrible translation and have not gotten the motors to do anything except the x axis motor gets hot none of the others do i even switched the motors around to make sure it was not the motor. i wired the motors A+ blk A- grn B+ red B-blu
    not sure what to do i have a parallel port that is a pcie add on card

Quote Originally Posted by beggnercnc View Post
    just got my kit from ebay with 3 stepper motors (57BYGH603) i configured mach 3 with setting they told me to with there terrible translation and have not gotten the motors to do anything except the x axis motor gets hot none of the others do i even switched the motors around to make sure it was not the motor. i wired the motors A+ blk A- grn B+ red B-blu
    The motor that they sold you with that kit has a high inductance (18 mH) which is not a good match for the low voltage that the driver board supports. So you could consider using a half-coil hookup instead of the full-coil hookup that you are using, which may help. However it appears that you may have more than one problem to address.

Do you have some experience with electronics? Do you have access to an oscilloscope? If not, do you have access to a multimeter that you can use to probe voltages coming from the parallel port card?

If you haven't already seen it, you might find it useful to review the following thread (it is long, but has a lot of important information and tips):

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...y_chinese.html

Sorry for the late reply I haven't been to the forum in months. The configuration the company gives you has incorrect settings for mach3 and will not work for US standards even if wired correctly and switching the units to metric won't offset it either. If I understand correctly you are communicating your breakout board (bb) through a usb port? What sort of drivers and bb are you using? Let me know, I can suggest correct parameters to give for mach3 if you are wired correctly, as the motors will need to be tuned as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beggnercnc View Post
    One motor is getting warm because it's being powered, the shaft probably won't move either. The others are not receiving power. You need to configure the "Ports and Pins" in Mach3 for anything to work. Note that some pins are set a side for other functions.
    For the "Red" board visit Red TB6560 driver board
    For the "Blue board visit tb6560 driver board on a Rep-Rap machine

Two of these motors have six wires, they are the ones moving the Z axis and are Soyo motors. The other two are Nema 17 motors and they have four wires.