585,959 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > dx-32 Spindle Acceleration/Deceleration Problem

dx-32 Spindle Acceleration/Deceleration Problem

I am having a problem with my TC-22 w/dx-32 control. 2 speed gearbox on the spindle. When in low gear everything works perfect. When in high, say 2500 rpm, the spindle faults when the spindle shuts off. Seams like it tries to decelerate to 0 rpm instantly. Spindle goes from 2500 to 0 in less than a sec. then coasts and kicks out. I looked at Parameter 48 (spindle Acceleration/Deceleration Rate) and its value is "0" My book doesn't give me a value or formula, so I have no idea what this should be set at. Any sugestions would help. Thanks

you are correct that this may be your problem. It is tripping out and then the spindle drive releases control of the spindle and it coasts to a stop using friction to stop it instead of a energy dumping resistor. Has it functioned correctly before? Is it possible the resistor is open (no resistance)? I do not have a set of TC22 parameters with me for the spindle drive. Someone on the forum with such a machine can look up the value for you. You may have to provide the parameter number.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I never seamed to have any problem before, but I hardly ever ran this machine at high enough spindle speeds to be in high gear. We recently had some storms and power outages while the machine was running? I even had to copy the pfm.exe (parameter editor file) from one of my other TC-22's to even look at the parameters. It seams that the pfm.exe just disapeared. I ran c:dir/p and the pfm.exe did not show up. The kicker, Both of my TC-22's have a value of "0" for deceleration rate. Both machines decelerate smoothly in low gear, but seam to try and stop realy fast when in high gear. When we do a set-up tomorrow, I will test the other machine and see how it stops when at 2500+rpm.

Morning update

2nd machine stops fine at 2500+ rpm, I did find 2 other parameters this morning, one for spindle acceleration "Value of 17" and a one for spindle deceleration with a value of 119. Both machines have the same values so I am now suspect it may be the resister. I'll let you know what I find, Thanks

My TC-22 has parameter 48 set to '0'. It decelerates without any issue.

Brian