584,866 active members*
4,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Esprit > How to edit simulation machine models?

How to edit simulation machine models?

I was provided a machine model that is too short. The spindles and turrets are in the correct location, but the machine base is too short. The sub-spindle sticks out the right side of the machine. I would like to edit the machine base, basically stretching it longer so that it looks realistic when showing our capabilities to prospective customers. How is this done? What reads the .esm files?

Thanks,

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    I was provided a machine model that is too short. The spindles and turrets are in the correct location, but the machine base is too short. The sub-spindle sticks out the right side of the machine. I would like to edit the machine base, basically stretching it longer so that it looks realistic when showing our capabilities to prospective customers. How is this done? What reads the .esm files?

Thanks,

Dan

Since you were provided with the models for this machine, the .stl files are embedded in the .esm and are loaded in a temp folder. You can contact who ever gave you the .esm and see if they can give you the .stl for the base, or you can create one yourself and in your machine setup page under the assembly tab, you can point the machine base solid to a new .stl

BG

Thanks. I see the stl files now. I question the logic of Esprit placing them in a folder called "temp" as temp to me means temporary, or disposable. But at this point not much surprises me anymore.

Thanks,

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Since you have the machine model I would just smash the base that you want to make longer and then create a new solid for the base. Once you have the new solid, pick it, and save it as a .STL file in your Esprit folder.
    In the file you want to add the new STL base, go to Machine Setup, Machine Base, Solids, Pick the base solid to change it, then go find the new STL for the base. That should change the old base to the new one.

Our reseller came through for us and fixed the model.

Thanks for the replies,

Dan