584,866 active members*
5,028 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Rhinocam > Rhino cam Expert:

Rhino cam Expert:

I've got a project coming up.

It will be my first time milling something on my new CNC machine which has taken me almost a year to build.

An 8020 build with 1050 by 750mm cutting area.

I will be using Rhino Cad/Cam software.

Is there someone here who could dedicate some knowledge here to get me off to a good start for a small fee.

I have downloaded the tutorials but for peace of mind I would like to deal with someone who knows what they're doing so if it goes wrong in the process I can quickly call upon you to help speed things up as time is of the essence for me.

My models are mainly 3D and I am just a bit worried as I have never done any CNCing, spent years researching it. Now's finally the time I will get to it.

Please send me and IM if you can help.

Cheers

James

Expert

man you must feel home
    you ask and we will make our best to help you

May be i can help.
    Best lessons i seen is "rhino visual tips", check it out, it helps you understand menus and part of work process. I can share it if you like, but afraid it's warez...
    Then try to make something you want.
    When you stuck, connect me at skype big_gosha (GMT 12AM-3PM), send e your file and perform a task. I'll share my desktop and show you common workflow doing this

Rhino is very complex program, any task have at least 2-3 ways to do it.
    I cannot teach you, because i don't know it all. Just share my own experience

Same with me!

I'm mainly busy with models and tools for RC fuselages and parts, also for watches. Teaching Rhino difficult - but ok, if you would be interested in modelling a plane from scratch I wrote a tutorial I could let you!

But curiously spoken - could you post some sketches or pictures of what you are targeting. As I use both Rhino 4 and RhinoCAM2 I probably could give you one or another hint how to proceed!

Hj

P.S.: OOOOUPS ... that thread is pretty old SRY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Block1.jpg   PIc6x.jpg   7.jpg   Proposal1.jpg  

Why reach for speed, when you could have precision instead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rbs View Post
    I've got a project coming up.

It will be my first time milling something on my new CNC machine which has taken me almost a year to build.

An 8020 build with 1050 by 750mm cutting area.

I will be using Rhino Cad/Cam software.

Is there someone here who could dedicate some knowledge here to get me off to a good start for a small fee.

I have downloaded the tutorials but for peace of mind I would like to deal with someone who knows what they're doing so if it goes wrong in the process I can quickly call upon you to help speed things up as time is of the essence for me.

My models are mainly 3D and I am just a bit worried as I have never done any CNCing, spent years researching it. Now's finally the time I will get to it.

Please send me and IM if you can help.

Cheers

James
    hi there James......and I know this is two years after your initiall post request but I've only come across your post today...and I'm curious here if you continued to use Rhino CAD/CAM after your post here got only a couple of responses??
    Eoin

I have tried several tutorials, but the best course I found on DVD was from High Quality Training DVDs - Online Training in HD Video