585,759 active members*
4,005 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 18i-MB Manual Guide Setup... Renishaw Measurement

Fanuc 18i-MB Manual Guide Setup... Renishaw Measurement

I have a Fadal VMC 4020 with the 18i-MB control, and am trying to get our Renishaw probes (both tool probe and wireless 3D part probe) to successfully interact with the Manual Guide software. The problem is that none of the Fadal, Fanuc, or Renishaw documentation we have seems to contain anything useful. I've searched the 'net (and this forum) with little success, other than finding a Manual Guide programming manual, which is helpful in operation, but of no use for setting up the parameters and settings which will allow the machine to use the auto-measurement cycles. One error I keep getting is the following:

PARAMETER IS WRONG(No 12384)

Another source of grief is a required input, "Offset Type" which I can't find specifically mentioned in any of the manuals, and if I type in anything with a letter, it returns "Illegal Format", and any number returns "Illegal Range".
    There are already fields for H/D geometry and wear, and also tool group, and offset number, tool type, etc. Those I've figured out just fine.

Is there anywhere I can find (or contact someone who has) information for settings to get this feature working? My predecessor in the job crashed and obliterated two tool probes trying to figure out how to get it working, and I'd really rather get it right this time.

Any info or good pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I get the same error, and I assume that one needs to pay extra to get this feature activated? There are a few system parameters in that area that seem to relate to probe set-up - please let us know if you find out otherwise!

Does the Manual Guide programming manual you have found provide information on the measuring cycles? Could you attach it to your post or do you have the link to it?

Thanks,

DP

Is there anything in the 18iM Model A options for the probing?

I also have the 18i and I was told that the original control installation had a renishaw installed. I have a renishaw I just got.

I don't remember if its a option on the 18i

I too would like to know how to get this set up working.

God ah. I also just got, do not use

God ah. I also just got, do not use
    <a href="http://www.juicycouture-clothes.com/couture-tracksuit-cheap-5_237.html">Juicy Couture Kids Short Tracksuit</a>

""When using the measurement functions, each machine tool builder
    needs to perform customization as described below. This
    customization work is required even when the FANUC standard
    measurement functions are used ""
    (from Fanuc B-63874EN-1_02 and B-63874EN-05 manual)

I hope you will help.

Thanks viorel26,

:violin:

So, I take it from that information, that there are no juicy little ready-made measurement macros lurking in my control just waiting to be activated...that sort of explains the difficulties we've been having getting our distributors technicians over to sort it out...

They are telling us it would be easier in our case to set up what is called Renishaw 'Graphical User Interface' (this is for a Doosan), which is apparently going to be free.

In the meantime I'll probably keep working on my own system - it will be interesting to see if I can get something up and running before they do - been waiting for over two years now...scared to get into it, should it finally get sorted my effort will all be for naught. That being said I would love to have a crack at it - aah, the possibilities....

Thanks again, and if you can attach that manual in its entirety that would be great!

DP

I have these now in my collection. Would you like these manuals? PM Me.

Greg