Whats up everybody? My name is mike, i live out in the sticks(lockport ny) and I have been a long time cz info scavenger. I can't say enough good things about the people here even though i haven't met a single one or even been a member/poster. Respect and appreciation for all of the effort on the behalf of guys who are busting their butts and still find time to help other people with their problems. That said, i would also thank people like al and dan fritz( i call him"the one" you know the matrix right?)and i would probably find guys like them all over this site but i mainly stay in machine control system forums and those are the guys i see the most so no disrespect to bigtimers here who i didn't mention specifically. Unbunch your panties. I have a lot to add here when i have the time. And i'm sure i'll get to know you all pretty good over time. Ok ok i just wanted to break the ice..
This post is really a clever ploy to get somebody to run me through the pre systems check and ready a machine for parameter input. At this point i would like all cranky, spoiled, insane, and non coffee drinking members to please move on to a different post where someone cares.

Ready? The machine is a 1979 tsugami mercury 45/160 with 5t. For lack of a better term, the machine is new. Serviced by tsugami its entire life and completely rebuilt/reworked by tsugami in the late 90's. I just got it out of penn state industrial arts department. Details will follow in posts to come. I think we all know what type of production this machine has done........none.(no, no signs of collision on any of the 4 chucking systems or the fully tooled turret.( albrecht, kenametal, and other top end splurges)
I have the parameters(original fanuc) and i would like to get started setting up the machine. ANY INFO IS APPRECIATED. MIKE