584,860 active members*
5,305 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Smooth Stepper, C25 board, KL drivers and KL steppers, combo move xyz causes buzzes

Smooth Stepper, C25 board, KL drivers and KL steppers, combo move xyz causes buzzes

I have the smooth stepper board, with the c25 connection board, two KL6050 and one KL8060 drivers powering 3 KL23H1200-50-4B steppers.
    The two KL6050 are on the X and Y Axis and the KL8060 is on the Z Axis. All single axis moves at full rapid are fine, all motors are tuned and using
    Mach3. It is installed on a Grizzly G0704 mill.

When I run all axis at the same time full speed, X axis to the left, Y axis in towards
    Column, Z axis Up then all steppers stop and just buzz. If I run Z axis up and X to the left
    Or Y axis in then they make a funny buzzing and run about 70% full rapid.

If I try any other combination it all works fine, only the scenario above is there a problem.

I made my power supply from torrid, the stepper drivers are running from a 110v two primary
    coil torrid wired in parallel, then the secondary winding is split with a anti-phase winding to lower
    the output to the proper voltage then into the caps for smoothing after the rectifier. I am guessing
    but I believe it works out to 25 amps according to the math so I have plenty of amps and like I stated
    before, it only become a problem in the one directions and combined movement. If I move Z axis up
    and X to the right or Y outward no problem, or Z axis up and move X to the right and Y outward no problem.

I put the jog speed all the way down to 5% still occurred but only in the Z axis up, X axis left, Y axis in.
    I also retuned the steppers down to 10 ipm max in the motor tuning page in mach3, still same reaction.

The reason I ask because it seems to me this is a signal problem I think. That the either the smooth stepper
    Might be having a problem or the common 5vdc supply to the drivers might not be enough, hell I don’t know
    Just guessing now.

David

Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a signal problem, got it all sorted out and works fine now.