585,712 active members*
4,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: TB6560 driver x VFD

Graphicman

That makes better sense, that the relay is just a switch, & does not have any voltage on it, you can wire it to the VFD from the photo in the other post, this will only turn the VFD on it will not control the speed, the spindle will run at it's max speed 24,000 , if you have the parameters set correct
    Mactec54

Thank you really guys for the information
    and yes mactec it makes more sense, however there is 2 point i want to understand too

1. if that is the case and that the relay will only control and does not give any voltage what is the voltage/amps rating mentioned on the manual refers to?
    2. mactec you pointed out a very important notice here which is the rpm control I know that that driver does not control rpm (have read that many times before too) but will i have the ability to control that from the VFD itself or I wont be able to as I have to set it to that manual control parameter (via mach3 and not the panel) ??! Cant I have both control working together to have the ability to control the rpm when needed? it will be so annoying to keep changing the parameter every time i want to do that, I wont use the relay at all then better

Graphicman

You will need a add on Breakout Board that will just be for the Spindle Control this Breakout Board will have PWM on plus the Relays you need, the Relay you have all ready won't be used when you get this Board

Once you change to remote control, ( Parameter Change ) you have no control then from the VFD Digital Key Pad for changing the speed, so if you want speed control you will need the above Breakout Board or a similar one
    Mactec54

yeah and that will need to use an additional lpt port too, too compicated and i think not worth it
    however u have not answered my 1st question about the relay ratings , what does it do 36v/7.5A if it acts as a on/off switch only and does not provide any power?

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicman View Post
    yeah and that will need to use an additional lpt port too, too compicated and i think not worth it
    however u have not answered my 1st question about the relay ratings , what does it do 36v/7.5A if it acts as a on/off switch only and does not provide any power?
    My interpretation of those ratings is "maximum rated contact voltage and current".

The relay is not providing power, rather it is capable of switching power (supplied by some other source), as long as the voltage and current ratings of the contacts are not exceeded.

Thanks a lot for your reply

As for your relay, now that we know it does not have voltage on it, The Rating is that you could switch up to 36V @ 7.5 A with that relay

No a PWM Breakout Board would be connected to the Breakout Board you already have
    Mactec54

That would be interesting then but how is that? i can see that every bob have an lpt port, if i did not use it how it will talk to mach3?

That would be interesting then but how is that? i can see that every bob have an lpt port, if i did not use it how it will talk to mach3?
    The Breakout boards are only for spindle control, & use a step/dir output, so is wired like you were adding another axes motor, look at the CNC4pc Boards C6 is one of them there are many options
    Mactec54

Thats very good but i dont have a free stepper motor ports on my driver, i a using the all 4 ports!

Thats very good but i dont have a free stepper motor ports on my driver, i a using the all 4 ports!
    You may have some free pins you can direct to some output terminals , other than that you could use Modbus, which is one cable from the VFD to your computer, Mach 3 supports this also, it's tricky to set up but others have done it this way
    Mactec54

hmm so you me to get a bob with a pwm and connect it with free pins on my current driver board, how many pins are required? i think the only ones i have not used so far are 2 pins from the input switches, as o am using only 2 (e stop and Z limit switch), can i use input pins for this?, i have never heard about the modbus but i think it is better to use a bob with a pwm for this job, as it is cleaner and a more straight forward rather than connecting my pc with another cable, what do you think? how much is that modbus anyways?

Page 2 of 2 12