584,871 active members*
5,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > How can I download a screen image from my Ultimax 3?

How can I download a screen image from my Ultimax 3?

I would like to download the images from my Ultimax 3 control, I believe it must be possible....I just want to keep setup info from my parts, and this seems like a good way to do it.

I am a novice to cnc, but any help will be very gratefully received.

I don't know an answer to the question, but here is what I do.

Take photos of it (the screen) with a digital camera, along with photos of all of the setups, and any special tooling for each job (fixtures and cutting tools if special). If the customer supplies prints or drawings, even if on a napkin, I take pics of them also. Each different setup and operation is documented. The more photos the better. This also date stamps the information which can be helpful.

All of the photos and CAD/CAM are kept in folders (in a laptop) under each customers name and split into folders by part number.

So there is a folder "Valley Pump Shop", and in it is a folder "30253 Sprocket" (that is the part number) and in that folder is all of the files/photo's for the 30253 sprocket job.

Dennis

I have used the save file as a ".txt", this will allow you to read it in word pad or something like that. I use that when I want to give another machinist a tool list or part of a program....I just read it in the reader and print it out. You could save it and store it with your program.

Bernie

You can do screen dumps by putting a disk in the A drive and going to aux button and then do the following button selections ENTER, 100, ENTER. You are now in a dangerous area you can change parameters of the machine and screw it up. But the screen dump option is here also. It has been a while since I have used it. I used it to make my manual. Send me a pm and I will be back infront of my Hurco on Tuesday and can look it up then. I will type up the exact button selections to get to it. And how you trip the camera to copy the screen shot.
    Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    You can do screen dumps by putting a disk in the A drive and going to aux button and then do the following button selections ENTER, 100, ENTER. You are now in a dangerous area you can change parameters of the machine and screw it up. But the screen dump option is here also. It has been a while since I have used it. I used it to make my manual. Send me a pm and I will be back infront of my Hurco on Tuesday and can look it up then. I will type up the exact button selections to get to it. And how you trip the camera to copy the screen shot.
    Is this doable on the MAX32 version also?