585,975 active members*
4,464 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cheap eBay China engravers... a few quick questions.

Looking at a cheap ebay china laser engraving machine I have a few questions hopefully someone can help me with.

Reference model:

A Chenhui Laser : DC - K40III 40w

CO2 LASER ENGRAVING CUTTING MACHINE ENGRAVER/40W/ NEW | eBay

Will it cut 1/4" acrylic cleanly? From what I read I will need to add an air assist.

Also, the listing mentions DXF, but I read the software does not do vectors, just converted BMPs or such.

Then the listing states I can upgrade to a Japan imported mainboard for better control. Does anyone know what this is?

Then there is a Germany imported bearing and high accuracy stepping belt. Any info on this?

And lastly how much life can I realistically get out of the laser tube and does it have a shelf life?

I just read these machines are one of the worst out there, but if it does what I need to do then it's fine. (mostly hobby and art projects) And I don't mind
    'fixing' the machine after I get it to my door. And I also understand it does not have DSP which is limiting.

ty
    "The whole world must learn of our peaceful ways... by force!" - Bender Bending Rodríguez

I am strictly against this models of laser. Waste of money

Much better spend 3 times more $$ but buy normal 40x60 cm laser direct from any Chinese manufacturer.

And I do not trust to "Japan imported mainboard" and "Germany imported bearing and high accuracy stepping belt" as I saw chinese hieroglifs on belts imported from Germany

Tube - lottery.

I was at the Shenui laser factory around 2 weeks ago , that model isn't even theirs , they have a much better improved model like that.
    At any rate , those models are really rubbish , spend the money and get a decent model from them directly. Like a 300x500 , 700x 500 or a 600x900, I have seen these models , seen their factory etc - they were assembling and mnfgring around 1000 lasers there and none of em I saw were the type of model you want to buy.

Those machines are cheap but you get what you pay for.

We sell low cost machines that have 100% USA written software and direct print drivers as well as USA support. All machines come with air assist and red dot pointers and are priced around $2k: www.fslaser.com

We have cut 1/4" acrylic no problem and even 1/2" with the stock lens/included accessories.

Thanks all, that's pretty much what I figured.

I think I will wait until spending 2k+ is in the cards.

fullspeceng, I am keeping your machines at the top of the consideration list. I find it interesting you all took the time to develop your own USB interface. Being a firmware developer myself I appreciate the effort and hard work. Also, on one of your pages the site mentions the prices are similar to eBay china prices, which for what is being offered as well as the forums support it aligns with truth. Too bad I live 3k miles away from Las Vegas.
    "The whole world must learn of our peaceful ways... by force!" - Bender Bending Rodríguez

To Propaganda,
    when i saw the product post on ebay,i can understand why you have so many questions, as experienced laser machine manufacture,we are so familare with this machine, this machine software ware is also not DSP controller,from cover to inside,this is a cheap and bad machine.
    i can take example for you,our normal 300*400 laser machine is USD2100,but this model with same working area and power is only USD750,so you will know the difference.you get what you pay for
    but if you have any question when you using this machine,you can send me email, i would like to help you.
    my email: [email protected]

Victor , When you give my money back .
    DON`T WORK WITH LITOGRAFA , HE WILL LIE AND CHEATE YOU LIKE HE DID WITH ME .
    i TRY TO GET MY MONEY BACK FROM LITOGRAFA FOR 15 MONTHS !!!
    Buy from China because they give you the order , if you buy from Litografa you lose your money . Beleve me , I order an litograv pro from Litografa in february 2010 and i steel try to get my money back from Victor . \
    Shame on you Victor !!!