585,926 active members*
4,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser pro Spirit issue

I was engraving some keychains and after some engraving the head hit the right side and gave error x motor malfunction. I asked GCC they said the flat cable my be the error or the mother board or x motor. I have changed the motor and board but now when I turn on the machine I get X motor malfunction error I have change the flat cable from board to x motor but still the error exists.

help me out guys.

Regards
    Desibrown.

Make sure you have the flat ribbon seeted in the rectangle on both the X Motor PCB (green board under X Motor) and Main Board.

There is the white connection box and there is a small cap at the top that has to be raised to insert / release the flat ribbon. Make sure after inserting to push down or your connection may be loose.

Blue side of flat ribbon faces the work area at the main board connection, believe it is the same at the X Motor PCB as well.

May also have a broken circuit on the X Motor PCB

Good Luck!

Check your limit switches are working and as the previous poster said , check the small circuit board of the X motor.
    Try this as well , move the head all the way to the bottom right of the bed and reboot from there.

I know it is an old thread but I have found it googling and want to share my experience with the same problem.

I have just had the same error this morning about X motor malfunctioning on my SpiritGX and started to looking what's wrong.
    I had no idea until I googled what can be wrong and found this thread with limit switches mentioning. Then I tried to find this X limit switch and when I found it I realised what's wrong. There is a plastic pin behind the auto focus port that snapped yesterday. I thought it was not a big deal, just a piece of plastic. I did not know back then this pin is what is actually trigerring the limit switch for X. I have made a replacement from cardboard and my laser is back to normal again.

Once I have time I will cut out a proper one from acrylic and replace the cardboard one.

Re: Laser pro Spirit issue

I had to register for this just to say thank you for this post... you might just have saved me a ton of money in potential service calls! I had this exact thing happen today, the little plastic part that seemed to have no purpose what so ever broke earlier in the day, but everything continued to run just fine. It was not until starting up again later in the evening that I encountered the repeated X-motor error, and great worry began to creep deep into my soul. But I took a few breathes, called upon the glory of Google to answer my plea, and came across this post! So much concern raised by such a seemingly insignificant part, which I luckily had the forethought to not throw away... just in case. I popped it back in place, secured by a touch of glue, and started her up... and what a beautiful sight it was to watch it start up perfectly once again!

Thank you ozstockman, and I hope others find this post when they search for "X motor malfunction LaserPro SpiritGX" and are equally soothed by how quick and easy the fix is if they also had broken that little oh so significant plastic part.

Photo please? My X just stopped, and I don't know what I'm looking for

T I A

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Photo please? My X just stopped, and I don't know what I'm looking for

T I A
    Here you go mate https://www.engraversjournal.com/art...s/Fig12Big.jpg
    Shown as a yellow pin on the image behind autofocus. It should be black plastic so seemed to be replaced with custom made yellow one.

Quote Originally Posted by ozstockman View Post
    Here you go mate https://www.engraversjournal.com/art...s/Fig12Big.jpg
    Shown as a yellow pin on the image behind autofocus. It should be black plastic so seemed to be replaced with custom made yellow one.
    Good Afternoon,
    Can you please resend the picture please. I have encountered the same issue. The link provided appears to have expired. Any help will be much appreciated.
    thanks