586,009 active members*
4,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NC Studio- Artcam - Post Prosesor

Hi
    Does anyone out there use NC Studio and Artcam, (original) with a Chinese machine. I have it set on CantechRMS mm (*.cnc) , cuts alright but there is a big time difference in machining time between them both. Artcam will say 20 minutes and when I machine on NC Studio it will cut the time down by half or less. I can contact Artcam but they want to charge me $75, robbing hounds. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Andus

Hi Andus, I don't have Artcam but have a similar issue with Aspire which may shed some light on your issue.

Aspire calculates the estimated cut times based on the fixed feedrate of the tool (as entered in the tool database) multiplied by a user definable ratio, it is never anywhere close to accurate, it always varies because of of the type of file being cut - straight lines or full on 2.5D.

NCStudio calculates the cut time accurately because it takes into account the changes it makes to the feed rates based on the type file being cut & the rate of acceleration/deceleration you have set within NCStudio parameters (not the flat rates that Aspire uses).

This may be similar to how ArtCam estimates it's cut times, is there a provision for you to enter some sort of multiplication factor in order for it to estimate closer to the actual time? I always tend to run the file through NCStudio to get an accurate time, I don't tend to uses the Aspire generated times as they don't take into account the capabilities/limitations of your machine.

Hope this is some sort of help.

Rob

Thanks for the info Rob