584,862 active members*
5,558 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > SHAME ON HAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Maechler View Post
    :devious:SHAME ON HAAS!!:nono:
    Just bought a new EC 1600 with a full 4th in the table. This thing cost around $250K and you would expect to get something that would at least work as good as our $70k fadals. I would not tell anyone that wanted to hold under .002 (yes .002 not .0002) on the rotary to buy one. The factory tech even came in and tells me that is just the way it is, you will have to go past the postion in one direction and then come back to it in the other direction taking out the backlash. We have 25 cnc machines with 4th axis and not a single one of them has that much backlash, or at least a way to adjust it out. We have a 1983 toshiba that is not this bad. Can not even begin to tell what a dissapointment this machine is. SHAME ON YOU HAAS.. why would you even make a machine in this day and age that would not hold .002????
    So what was the final outcome?
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

unfortunately we never know, people tend to come in and whine and ***** about everything butif things go ok they dont come in and say hey it got fixed , or what ever. Pretty sad but thats human nature

I must say firstly that I am not a Haas fan, I have grown up on Fanuc controls and Taiwanese machines.

Having said that, I can not argue the fact that the Haas machines does their job that it is designed for, whether milling, turning or mill-turn. In my shop I have at the moment nine Haas machines with a further one more almost on the water. HFO support here in SA is very good. I am 350kms away from the HFO and if I do run into problems (mostly with the 2ndhand machines we have bought) they are within a couple of hours in my shop. If I do have tech questions or need tech support I just have to pick up a phone and an answer will be given. If no solution can be found today, tomorrow morning early will see the problem solved.

Thank you to everyone at the HFO in South Africa.

On many forums these type of rants are removed or edited. I really thought this one would be taken down. They are totally worthless and the actual issue was in another thread. He was just nasty and rude with what he said and the bold type etc..

Hopefully all was fixed and life went on.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Who knows. Just as you mentioned earlier in the thread, it would appear the machine was functioning well inside spec for the A-axis. Hysteresis is no big deal no matter what machine you're using linear or rotary positioners. ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    On many forums these type of rants are removed or edited. I really thought this one would be taken down. They are totally worthless and the actual issue was in another thread. He was just nasty and rude with what he said and the bold type etc..

Hopefully all was fixed and life went on.
    Again,,you spend 250k and not get a machine that you can work with..it is 8/30/11 haas told me in april that the factory would look in to it and get back with me. Still no fix.

Again,,you spend 250k and not get a machine that you can work with..it is 8/30/11 haas told me in april that the factory would look in to it and get back with me. Still no fix.
    June not april

Still nothing from haas!

Then now its time to grow some balls.

wether its a 50k machine or a 250k machine
    send machine back to factory and demand new one immediatly, ship it right to there front door.
    3.5 months is a tad long on a non working machine, brand spanking new machine.
    hire a lawyer or fight it yourself. what do you have to loose? your machine doesnt work, so its not like your loosing production for that machine if its there or not.

I still find this hard to believe. I am sure there is more to the story. maybe one of your employees crashed it?
    if everything you said is exactly true and not one sided then I appologize.

Delw

Still nothing from haas!
    How about your machines serial number and your Haas distributor. We'll start calling them for you. I think this is a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    Then now its time to grow some balls.

wether its a 50k machine or a 250k machine
    send machine back to factory and demand new one immediatly, ship it right to there front door.
    3.5 months is a tad long on a non working machine, brand spanking new machine.
    hire a lawyer or fight it yourself. what do you have to loose? your machine doesnt work, so its not like your loosing production for that machine if its there or not.

I still find this hard to believe. I am sure there is more to the story. maybe one of your employees crashed it?
    if everything you said is exactly true and not one sided then I appologize.

Delw
    The machine came in new and I was the only one who touched it.

Very happy to say that I have heard from my local dealer and HAAS has been working on the problem at the factory and is sending someone back here. Although this horizontal has came in with problems I still love love the verticals, and maybe soon I can start to like the ec 1600. I will have to say that it looks like Haas has not forgotten about me, I guess it has just taken awhile for them to work it out. For Haas to send someone 1630 miles (twice one way) to fix what some think of as a little problem that you should just work around is ADMIRABLE....thank you HAAS

Please post your company info. I want to make sure I never, ever do business with you.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    Please post your company info. I want to make sure I never, ever do business with you.
    No worries, You never will have too. I have been doing for over 30 years what you claim to have been doing for 13, but I would have to guess that I am more concerned about the quality of the products that I put out than you. Its easy to say you help others but doing it is something else.

The mission of K******* Consulting is to lend its knowledge and skills, especially regarding CNC (Computer Numeric Control) programming and machining, to members of the manufacturing community, businesses and individuals, to increase the quality of customer service and of manufactured goods across the industry.

Re: SHAME ON HAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    I have to say, getting on the interent and bashing a company is about the standard today. You never hear anything good about a company , just that bad. If peoples attitudes were better, you would be amazed at the help they would get.

Anyways, we own a trunion table from haas. The rotary specs are about the same as what you have. We use the table to machine cylinder head ports, 5 axis motion, very comlex stuff, probally alot more complex than most users would ever perform. The table was not repeating since day one, we had problems with the 2 machined ports not linning up, machined from opposite sides.
    After looking the problem for a very long time, we took it upon ours selfs to fix the problem. We had talked to haas on the issue, and they had gave us some insite. The table specs were what they claim. Real life use is, you have fixtures and maas on the table, the alters the repeatablility. The is a comp table in the control, were you can adjust the comp on the table. After some trial and error testing, we were able to get the table 100% dialed in.
    The Hass is very nice machine, nothing is perfect out of the box.
    Good luck.
    Hi, I notice you commented on using the comp table for a trunnion. I have a trunnion 310 and am trying to dial it in as well. How do you use the comp table?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    For those wondering, the company name is Kirkpatrick Consulting. The are based in Dallas, Texas. The mission statement matches word for word.

I wish Wolfpower had not opened up a 6 year old post and reminded me of that jerk. I would never do business with Kirkpatrick Insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    I wish Wolfpower had not opened up a 6 year old post and reminded me of that jerk. I would never do business with Kirkpatrick Insulting.
    Sorry, not sure what this is all about. I was just trying to figure out how to use the comp tables for my Haas 310 Trunnion. It repeats very good by the way, better than the specs, always has, but after using it everyday for the last 12 years it needs a tiny adjustment at 90 degrees. Haas says the comp tables are suppose to work for the "A" axis but they don't.Or I don't know how to make it work. I know someone on the planet knows how to make it work and was hoping for a response with a simple answer. Everything Haas is usually straight forward and easy. I may be overlooking something simple. This forum has a lot of smart people and I know I will get an answer soon. This Haas Trunnion has worked flawlessly for 12 years, now after all this time and hours it is not so great. Its off .008 at 90°. This may be nothing to some but I need to be exact, and that is what comp is for. Someone please help me make this Trunnion great again.

Page 2 of 2 12