586,024 active members*
4,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

M32 Plus chamfering problem

Hi.

I'm kinda new into mazatrol programming, and is experiencing a small problem trying to make a .5 mm chamfer at a 18 mm hole, in our Mazak H400.

I want to use an inside chamfering cycle (interpolation) with a 16 mm chamfer cutter, but when I go to check tool path, I get an approach point error.
    I have both tryed to set it for auto determine approach point, and to type in some values myselve.

If I correct the tool to a 10 or 12 mm cutter in the program it seems to be working fine, but can it really be true that the system can't handle to use a cutter that is just 2 mm smaller than the hole?

Thanks!

Chamfer

In your case I would use a circle mill unit and describe a chamfer on the hole. Then just erase the endmill out of the unit. This will make the cutter just plunge down to make the cut. You may also want to check the ID minumum in the chamfer cutter section of the tool file. If you really need to interpolate the hole you will have to change some parameters ("E's" look in the parameter book) for the wall over lap and minumum approach point clearances radial and axial. With the factory settings the cutter needs a lot of room to ramp in and out. When interpolating set your Z clearance as little as possible and your R clearance large this will force the cutter to use the tip not the OD of the cutter. Somethimes chamfering in tight places can be a little tricky you will just have to experiment.

Thanks a lot for your tips!

I will go right out to try it.

If your toll is to big for what you are leaving for finishing it can alarm