584,829 active members*
4,875 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New KX1 scale jog issues plus pics

I can no longer jog incrementally only cont. and the programs I run seem read fine on DRO, (100mm travel, dist. to go) but the xy seems like they aren't moving or very small.

Did I screw something up at some point? maybe I clicked on the wrong thing, with the config native units? I thought I backed out ok, but I can't remember.

Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc arrival.jpg   new fresh cnc.jpg   pc and cnc.jpg   cnc with flood tray.jpg  

I am only having size issues now

I have re-installed the software, and jog is fine, except it still seems the actual part size is being cut microscopic.

Any Ideas?

If your parts are in inches, make sure you aren't setting the machine to run in metric.

Mark

2nd attempt to post

I thought I posted this earlier but it must not have sent.

I am running Dolphin CAM V10 with Mach 3. I just got it along with a Sieg KX1.

The problem is z travel seems fine, but x-y seems tiny.

I believe it is all in metric, I've checked the settings in Mach 3 controller and in the Dolphin CAM. Every time I start CAM a window pops up with options including inch or metric. I always choose Metric, All my read outs are in metric in the controller. In CAM under set up>machine type> mill> it is set to metric.

In the Controller Mach 3, under General Logic Config The G20-G21 box is blank (unchecked) for _ LOCK DRO's to Setup Units. Should this be checked?

One funny thing is the diameter of the cutter changes once the program is loaded. I set the tool info in mach 3 to 6.37mm, and I also set the same info when writing the CAM program and it changes to 161.798mm??? (6.37 x 25.4)I am using a template program to cut a simple rectangle pocket.

The only other thing I can think of that might be funny is that I have written the program in CAM, Post Processed it from Dolphin CAM so it is now a .ppr file, then I load it from the "My Documents" folder.

I've included pics of Regen and Tool Setting changes before and after the program is loaded. Am I right that it is cutting, but just really small?

Any help is truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Stehr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before Loading Program.jpg   After Loading Program.jpg   Regen Screen.jpg  

Hopefully, one of the Mach users can pipe up and help you out here. I use EMC2, and I'm not really familiar with Mach.

Mark

Well if you got your machine from LMS, then you should have gotten a thumb drive with the license for Mach 3 and an update for the KX1. If you do not install the file called Sieg_Setup, then you have to change the G21 to G20 in the line of code in the Config. I ran into that problem when I first hooked up my machine, because I missed installing that file. If you do have it and install it, the mach 3 is in mm until you load a file that is in inches.

Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stehr View Post
    I can no longer jog incrementally only cont. and the programs I run seem read fine on DRO, (100mm travel, dist. to go) but the xy seems like they aren't moving or very small.

Did I screw something up at some point? maybe I clicked on the wrong thing, with the config native units? I thought I backed out ok, but I can't remember.

Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?
    Not to bring up a dead post after all these years, but do you still have your mill? Has it given you any issues? Did it work out well?

New KX1 scale jog issues plus pics

I know where one is for sale. Send me Private message and I can share details.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by brow318 View Post
    I know where one is for sale. Send me Private message and I can share details.

Kevin
    Thanks to Kevin, I'm a proud Little Machine Shop KX3 owner.

THANKS KEVIN!

Glad it all worked out. I should be taking delivery of my 1100 today so I'll be posting pics/video later this weekend.

Kevin