584,858 active members*
4,558 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > Elucad/Elusoft Profile Databse Help

Elucad/Elusoft Profile Databse Help

Hi guys

I've been using an Elumatec SBZ122 for a few years now, doing all the programming actually at the machine because none of the office based staff knew how to use Elucad properly.

I've started using Elucad myself now but one problem I'm having is getting the machine to recognise the profiles for the database.

Here is an example of what I'm doing in Elucad, (Elucad LT V1.4)

Click View
    Click Profile Database
    Highlight Profile
    Click Database
    Click Export
    Select Export PRF
    File Name: File Named exactly As In Database
    File Type: SBZ 122 v1.06 (*.prf)

The profile perameters are then set (x,y,z, orientation)

The disk is then inserted into the machine.

Select Floppy Disk
    Load Data
    Highlight File
    Press Ok

At this point it reads the file but then when I look in General Perameters it's not there.

It maybe unrelated but as stated the machine is an SBZ122, but when I close down the machine, just before its switched off at the wall, The control panel displays C:\SBZ121

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Profile transfer/loading problem

Hello there, Mat_pc.

Have you come right, with your profile loading problem on your SBZ122?

I was just wondering if the profile data that you're reading off the disk is getting saved somewere else. I need to check at work on Monday, but I'm pretty sure the general parameter files on the machine, don't have a .prf extension.

Your profile info on Elusoft, does it contain just the information about the profile, or does it contain all the tooling and programmed movements, like a complete commission file would? Maybe you could save the complete comission and then load that onto your machine, instead?

We've got SBZ130 machines at work, but I think that the menus may be quite similar. I will investigate. Currently the one machine is down while we make up an adaptor plate to use a locally available limit switch on the autofeeder system. When we order the genuine parts it takes ages to get them from Germany and then we get ripped off with the price, on top of that. Every time something goes wrong or breaks down, we find a local solution for it. So we're becoming more and more independent from the agents. Hopefully you chaps up in Europe get better service from them, than us down at the South end of Africa.

Cheers for now.
    Rhett.

Thanks for the reply Rhett,

We will soon be doing some work for another local company and their CNC setter has been helping me. The method of transfering profile databases from PC to CNC that I described in my previous post is from the instructions I have from him. It is this method that he uses to get it to work on his SBZ (I think its a 130).

He actually came up and had a go himself but to no avail.

I've been so busy at work lately that I haven't had time to have another look at it for a while but if you come up with a different method than the one I have tried I will give it a go when I get back from holiday next week.

I can sympathise with the problems you have in dealing with elumatec, their customer service leaves something to be desired and we only deal with them when we have to.

Thanks
    Matt

Elusoft

I may be to late to help but I think I know your problem.
    After you Export the prf file to a floppy or over the network,you will need to go to the machine and go to floppy load data and load Gen. parameters. look in the floppy or network for this file. if it's on a floppy you should see it right away. If not go back to your pc and make sure your running the right save a file type. we have version 1.20*prf. hope this helps

Thanks for the reply, I'm loading the .prf by floppy and as you say, it can be seen as soon as you go to load the floppy. It what happens to the file after its loaded thats the problem, I cant find it anywhere. For some reason it seems to read the file ok but there is nothing in General Perameters, its as if the file hasn't read properly.

I am saving the files as 1.20.prf the same as you.

SBZ122

Ok, Are you going to 4.Floppy disk 2. load data 7. Gen. parameters to load the Prf? If you are and the file isn't showning up under 2.Enter and down to Gen. parameters. Try loading it using the SBZ 122 v1.06 prf to see if this works before you look at the below items. Another thing check to make sure your system directories are set right on the machine.
    I tried to attact a pic of the system directories but if it doesn't show you go to 5.service 2.pc 1. system parameters 1. Directories.
    I believe the four are all the same being.
    Program data; Daten\
    PCX - Graphics; PCX\
    Transfer data; Transfer\
    Print infos; Druck\
    Snapshot will most likley be Snap22\ or something like that.
    ASCII - data; if your pulling from a floppy will be A:\
    DXF-data will also be A:\
    Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sbz122.JPG  

I made a mistake yesterday, I'm saving the .prf as v1.06 not 1.20 as I originally said. Our version of elucad only lets us save as v1.06 for the SBZ122.

I've had a look at all of the directories and they are the same as you stated so no problems there.

I'm beginning to think that this is only going to be fixed by renewing the support contract with Elumatec which isn't going to happen at the moment. I'm following a guide by someone who works for another local company and he even came up and had a go at getting it to work himself with no luck.

He was surprised at how limited the options were in our version of elucad (v1.4LT) maybe it has something to do with being the light version?

Re: Elucad/Elusoft Profile Databse Help

Hi Matt_pc

I have been working on a SBZ122 for the last 8 months. When I first started they were running everything off the software on the on the cnc. Then we got Elucad 1.4L Way better!!!

We transfer files by floppy disk the same as you. Our computer tec could not link the two computers by cable. Every new job with a new profile we transfer from Elucad does not bring the general parameters, so when you go to run the job it tells you that you are missing the general parameter. Take note of the file name it states and then create it in the general parameters.

Now we don't even bother setting up the profiles off sets in Elucad because they don't transfer.

We never had the graphic of the profile working on the old system so we don't miss it on the new.

Hello,
    We use SBZ 130/01 machine which Hard drive died few days ago. We manage to restore SBZ software but we miss some additonal programs which connects side panel keyboard to PC.
    Files (programs .com or .exe) we miss are COMTAST, and less important NUMLOFF and KEYSPEED
    We kindly please you to check weather you have those files and to e-mail it to us if you can ( [email protected] ).
    Thanks in advance.
    Zoran