585,991 active members*
6,176 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Momus "Starter Kit" For Sale

Moderators, if this isn't kosher please feel free to move or delete!

As can be seen in my thread "Build Thread One", my Momus is pretty much complete. I ordered everything in bulk to get the best price possible, and now I find myself with a fair amount left over. The one thing I am short of in my shop is storage space, so your gain!

NOTE: This is not all you will need! Review this list against the parts list in the Momus plans to determine what else you will need. (You have bought yours, right?) Please note that the plans assume that you too will order hardware in bulk hence the "100" quantities for various hardware items. You generally do not really need 100, but it's must less to buy them by the box. I note in my list how many more you will need.

Here is what I have. All is new and unused (albeit a bit dusty)
    • 8 - ABEC-7 bearings, 8 x 22 x 7mm in original plastic sleeve from VXB. You will need 38 more.
    • 1 - 3/8 x 10 2-start anti-backlash nut from Dumpster CNC.
      Mine has a 3-hole, triangular mounting pattern rather than the four-hole pattern called out in the plans. The adjustment is pretty simple. I ordered my hardware planning to build a different design, then I found the Momus plans.
    • 1 - 3/8 x 10 2-start to 1/4" shaft coupler, also from Dumpster
    • 13" - 3/8 x 10 2-start precision Acme leadscrew from Roton.
      This is not the same leadscrew called out in the Momus plans which specify a single-start screw. The only difference between the two is that the 2-start travels twice as far per revolution. When set up correctly your Mach3 software will account for this and everything works just fine. You can contact me if you have any questions on how to set it up.
    • 50 - 5/16-18 aircraft stop nuts. Enough to complete the build.
    • 32 - 1/4-20 aircraft stop nuts. You will need about 18 more to complete the build.
    • 50 - 10-32 set screws. Enough to complete the build.
    • 16 - 5/16" washers (SAE pattern). You'll need 34 more. Be sure to get SAE pattern. They work much better.
    • 72" - 3/4 x 3/4 aluminum square bar (2 36" pieces). You will need about 12 inches more.
    • 12" - 3/4 x 3 aluminum rectangular bar. All you will need.

All together, it's worth about $105, not including the shipping from each of the various vendors. I will let you have it all for $85.00 plus shipping. US only, paid via PayPal, please. For an additional $5.00 I will rough-cut the 3/4" square bar to length (-0.00, + 0.125).

Let me know if you are interested!

Regards,

Randy

Yep, this will get deleted after you receive an email from the mods Happened to me already

Ah, so that's what happened to that thread. While it's nice to keep things clean of spam, it's also nice to know that the clamps are available. Doubly nice since they were made on the machine. If you are still making them, I can list you as a supplier in the next revision of the plans if you'd like.

-Bob

Quote Originally Posted by parallel__lines View Post
    Ah, so that's what happened to that thread. While it's nice to keep things clean of spam, it's also nice to know that the clamps are available. Doubly nice since they were made on the machine. If you are still making them, I can list you as a supplier in the next revision of the plans if you'd like.

-Bob
    Yes, please list me as a supplier. I would be happy to cut parts for people. I will PM you just in case this gets removed