585,906 active members*
3,739 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > I'm trying to build my own cnc so... i need a little help...
Page 2 of 2 12
    What is the best holding onze tork for a stepper motor in a cnc router

Well guys if you want to have your own conversation...in whatever language....PM yourselves and spare the rest of us.

i am happy for jump with you

i am sorry for my english languag

thanks

A project fell into BIG delay because of deaths in family and money...So hopefully i will start to build my control board that is posted here on forum, and as i will build it i will post building progress and pictures...so until then...

I would suggest looking for various stepper controllers in the DIY world as they are really simple on some counts. ones using 4000 series ICs should be easy to get the parts for and incredibly cheap to build. the main componets are like 1 dollar or 25 cents (there are two of each) per motor. look on instructables for tom macwire as he put up one that uses those. baring that there is a 7000 series set up too. for what you are doing they should work fine. and tons cheaper that the typical chips like the 5804b or sla units. though you are stuck with whole steps and half steps with some of them and the 400 series design only gives whole steps. Then you could use those photo copier motors.

i got mine from 850 and 820 hp deskjet and would also know if those parts are reusable

I need some help

I have all the parts needed to make a driver using L298 l297 Ic's. I was told that it is possible to make this driver using single sided copper clad PCB but I cannot for the life of me find a schematic that can be loaded into eagle for a single sided PCB. Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by tracyranson View Post
    I have all the parts needed to make a driver using L298 l297 Ic's. I was told that it is possible to make this driver using single sided copper clad PCB but I cannot for the life of me find a schematic that can be loaded into eagle for a single sided PCB. Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction.
    Here are some useful links:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...AFnPiA&cad=rja
    Homemade Stepper Driver | wannafollow.com

Thank You

Thank you for providing this information. You are AWESOME!

I would consider to look at the Linistepper driver. It is pretty easy to build and cheap.

In any event though, it will cost at least 30 dollars per axis for drivers. Pretty soon, a commercial driver looks interesting.

Money is always a challenge for everyone in this hobby. Perhaps visit some local machine shops and wood shops. Tell them what you want to do and see if they have any used parts that are helpful for you.

You might be surprised what they come up with. Perhaps in trade for some work.

Quote Originally Posted by harryn View Post
    I would consider to look at the Linistepper driver. It is pretty easy to build and cheap.

In any event though, it will cost at least 30 dollars per axis for drivers. Pretty soon, a commercial driver looks interesting.

Money is always a challenge for everyone in this hobby. Perhaps visit some local machine shops and wood shops. Tell them what you want to do and see if they have any used parts that are helpful for you.

You might be surprised what they come up with. Perhaps in trade for some work.
    I bought 3 kits from James Newton, and found the lini stepper to be a nice little kit, it worked well and got me hooked on PIC Microcontrollers.
    LiniStepper, lini, stepper, linear, 6th microstep, linear microstepping stepper motor driver, constant current linear driver, circuit Linistepper boards, LiniStepper kit, hobby stepper, robot stepper driver kit, CNC stepper driver kit

Lini stepper motor controller for Lathe Mill telescope | eBay

i feel that if u are going design ur own cnc machine it is best for you that do not use stepper motors. it is fact that stepper is cheap but cannot give u accuracy for long term
    there is another forum at which they have hired persons to give consultancy for free about cnc machines.
    HTML Code:
    http://www.fastektechnology.co.cc/cnc-forum/

Quote Originally Posted by zet-jaro View Post
    anyone??
    Hello Jet-zaro,
    Few people like to use 7.5 degree stepper motors because of the low resolution
    pulses per revolution. Resolution can be increased using a gear reduction (I like cog belts) at the sacrifice of speed, you will get a nice torque increase too.

@tracyranson:
    Beware of anyone trying to get your personal info.
    If you start a new thread, and pm the link to me I will assist you as best I can so as not to hijack this thread any further.

cnc forum

dear one,

i feel that it is a good forum which response via email. if required they also print solution to website.
    i have not owned this thread or website. i hve no connection to this forum financially on in any other form. i have just visit it they solved my cincinati vm 750 problem giving alarm "servo magzine alarm".
    i again paste the address if someone has any query you should paste your problem and expect best for you.
    http://www.fastektechnology.co.cc/cnc-forum/

Page 2 of 2 12