584,837 active members*
5,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need info on Miller MRH2 Welding Robot

Does anyone have any information or experience with the Miller MRH2 welding robot?

A friend of mine has the opportunity to purchase one of these robots used for a good price (he thinks it's a good price, but we don't really know).

We are having trouble finding information about the capabilities of the machine. Does anyone have information regarding the type of drive system being used? Steppers? Servo? Harmonic drives? Belt drives?

How accurate are the machines? Is the software proprietary or do they use G-code.

Any information is helpful, and the more information the better.

Thanks,
    J

Not sure if this helps, but here goes. I have one of these machines, found this thread when I did search on the model number. I got it from my brothers machine shop, and they had it working but it seemed to stop if it was run too long on one axis. They had someone helping them over the phone & got pretty far with it, but sounded like it needed a few hundred bucks to fix something on one of the boards. I was going to use the transformer on something else & sell the rest, and figured you may be interested in it for parts if nothing else. I would imagine it would cost a fortune to replace some of the stuff on it, looks fancy even for today. They cut down the stand for this one, so it could sit on a bench/table & weld onto a positioner. Guessing about 10" was taken out of it & welded back together. I would take $800 for the welder & another $600 for the transformer if intersted, I could use the space here (located in OHIO). Here is the info on the guy my brother talked to for repair info etc: Simpkins electrical service 517-764-7766 in Michigan.
    Hope it helps! Please email me if interested in welder. This was my first post on here too, not sure when I might get back to post or look around again.
    Thanks-
    Paul
    hrpartsnstuff at aol dot com